• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways announces Tel Aviv

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It will be hilarous to watch them screw this up just like Beijing. Another route that this regional doesn't have the brains or aircraft to fly!:laugh:

It will be hilarous to watch them screw this up just like Beijing. Another route that this regional doesn't have the brains or aircraft to fly!:laugh:

No way! The E-190 will be the perfect airframe for the job!

While I completely agree with Beijing being stupid, how is an A330-200 not an adequate aircraft for the Tel-Aviv route? The route is 5015nm and the aircraft has a 6400nm range. I agree with the comment above about US's transatlantic service, its not too bad. Last time I went to Europe I got a nice close to fold flat business class seat, great service, and good food. Supposedly they have fold flat business coming with all the A330-200s. I believe the delivery schedule is something like 5 next year, 7 in 2010, and 3 in 2011. Granted, they are no continental, but compared to United now where you don't even get a meal in economy on a transatlantic flight, they are pretty good.

Last edited:
Where's the Tower Air gate?

Actually we did not have gates in TLV, but rather hard-stands..Don't think there was (is?) many gates available.

TLV was a great layover, good food, good drink and pretty girls...:cool:

Who would of thought in the early 80's that a small upstart from Phoenix would eventually be flying to Israel, it will be nice to see Cactus in Tel Aviv...

DOV: Can you elaborate?

Certainly the reference to Kinky and his band was understood, right?

Last edited:
Who would of thought in the early 80's that a small upstart from Phoenix would eventually be flying to Israel, it will be nice to see Cactus in Tel Aviv...

I don't think the guys from that "small upstart" will be flying them. The only upstart thing about it will be an east guy using the "cactus" call sign.

Latest resources

Back