• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways ALPA Webboard Atrocity

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess the nobility wants to sit in their castles and not be bothered by the sound of starving peasants, soo... "Smithers! Release the hounds!"

This is a very politiccally stupid move.

Bright side: All of you furloughees have a jump on the job market. After Airways folds, the bast*rds at the top can duke it out for the leftovers. Perhaps they can be your FO's at wherever you wind up. Good luck and God Bless. They'll get theirs - and it will be enjoyable to see.

The US Airways MEC kicked any furloughee off their webboard who they knew was working for a competitor. After 13 years of paying dues, and just 4 months into employment at B6, and I got denied access to the board. This happened in the fall of '02.

Their current attempt to exclude all inactive pilots does not surprise me. Just more of the same.

But I am VERY grateful to the US Airways pilots who voted for furloughee health benefits.

Thank you

:( In six months its all likely moot anyway...

Not trying to ruin anyone's cornflakes...just thinking out loud.

FatesPawn said:
UAL furloughees have the same priviliges they had before the furlough - just can't vote.

Nothing wrong with ALPA. It's your chump MEC.

Yea right....Just ask the guys at Emery how they feel about your fearless leader Duane Woerth (less)

But don't worry, he's busy solving LAHSO for you while the industry melts down......
But at 412 grand a year plus an "allowance", he won't be worried about some poor US Air pilot's problems...

Iceback said:
The US Airways MEC kicked any furloughee off their webboard who they knew was working for a competitor. After 13 years of paying dues, and just 4 months into employment at B6, and I got denied access to the board. This happened in the fall of '02.

Their current attempt to exclude all inactive pilots does not surprise me. Just more of the same.
Yup, they did it to me too. As soon as they found out I was at Jb..I got the boot!

Steeler Fan said:
But I am VERY grateful to the US Airways pilots who voted for furloughee health benefits.

Thank you

My wife was able to go back to work after i got the ax @ U. As a good union brother I notified the union that I could get my insurance through her job. This would help reduce the financial committment on my union brothers who were still on the line flying. Three months later my wife lost her benefits. I called US Air and the union to be reinstated. They said once you leave the program you can not return. So, by volunteering to do the right thing now costs me about $850 a month for insurance for a family of 5. All I've learned guys is if you can get insurance through your spouse or another employer while on furlough, don't take it. You never know if the insurance you have will be around and US Air won't let you back on the policy and the union wouldn't try to help you get back on either.

Latest resources

Back