US Airways -- 3rd Qtr 2007

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wonder how they will factor in PIT?

Oh that's right, the east side won't recognize that. It hinders their view that the world revolves around them and the huge profits they are generating.

No, they're done with the break down, so don't expect to see the numbers separated as they were in the past.

177$ mil is a tidy little profit for Q3. I believe the total profit share pot for last year was 58 or 59 mil. We're at 55 now and will likely show another sizable profit in Q4. Looks like we can at least expect a similar bonus next year...possibly a little larger.

The east now has pilots recalled within the last 2 years holding CA seats. Is it time yet for a contract guys? you've delayed the process enough to guarantee that virtually every single fo on your side has either taken or passed up an upgrade. Not bad to get the left seat within 1 year of recall. Has that ever happened ANYWHERE???????????? Oh the terrible travesty that has been dealt to the east side. What about getting a sorely needed raise? Is this charade going to continue indefinitely just to spite the west? Who wins in that situation? Do you? Management?

Today on the earnings call with analysts Doug Parker was musing on what he's going to do with all the extra cash we're sitting on. Possibly pay down some more debt, purchase aircraft with cash, upgrade some facilities, etc. Of course he wouldn't use it to pay for a new contract because the pilots are so pathetic they would rather make each other miserable than agree to a huge payraise. WTFO...

Good point; We were separate for most of Q3 but I suppose they might now report only combined numbers. OTOH, as long as we're still running separate operations, even under one cert., maybe they'll still break out results separate. We'll soon see.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume you're an "Eastie" . If so, read Parker's statement he released to the press this morning.Might be on The Hub by now. In it,he mentions the fact that we are reporting our financial results as one corporation. No more pea and shell game to inflate the numbers. We're all one big "happy" :rolleyes: family now. God help us all.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Nope, a westie now but I used to be one of "them" so maybe I still got the bad juju.

Anyway, I didn't listen to Parker but thanks for passing along his comments.

i am amazed at the ignorance of the east pilots, when it pertains to contract neg. there is a golden opportunity to get a good contract, but they would rather fight over other stuff. the award was given, deal with it. grow the f--k up. get over yourselfs. you have golden opportunity to improve your life. let go of your ego

you just loweering the bar for the rest of us

There you go using common sense!!! It's amazing how clear it is to everyone but them!!!

Latest resources

Back