US Airways 14APR class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyvalent

Anyone else scheduled for the 14APR class? They will have slots for both West and East ops. West does not pay hotel during training after indoc. Kind of hoping for East. I am assuming West might go junior in the class. Well any-who if you are also in this class feel free to PM me.

unless you have family ties in the east you might want to re-consider. West does not provide hotel accommodations but they do pay significantly more year 2, 3, 4, etc. Also you start with 21 days of vacation on the West, min 12-13 days off per month, and 5:15 credit per day. But the crew room conversation might be a little more entertaining on the east. Either way good luck and welcome aboard!

I am in this class as well. The West slots should be more senior due to their better contract. I live on Right side of the country though, so I want PHL 190.

More importantly, how old are you? I am 34. I know one guy is around 33, and another is 40 or so.

It will be pretty interesting to have the vote results come out Thursday.

4/14 class

anyone have any idea how many of us are in this class and how many east/west positions there are? Does anyone even want to be west?

For those of you who have gone through the whole interview process could you shed some light on something for me. I applied a couple weeks ago and now my status says "Phone Screen" Should I expect a phone call from them?? If so could you possibly let me in on some of the question's they might ask? Also how long did it take from application to the interview? Would love to go to the west side if hired !!

Thanks for any help !!

My app has been at "Recruiter Review" since October. Any ideas on how to get a 'bump'?

Thanks

Anyone else scheduled for the 14APR class? They will have slots for both West and East ops. West does not pay hotel during training after indoc. Kind of hoping for East. I am assuming West might go junior in the class. Well any-who if you are also in this class feel free to PM me.

A letter is being sent out to new hires about the hotel thing. My understanding is that if you get based in PHX you will not be put up in a hotel after indoc because you are now "in base". If you are based in LAS then you would receive a hotel room during flight training. Make sure you read the letter before you spread rumors that are untrue. My information is coming from what I heard the Director of Training say. (this might be just "West specific" for all I know, but I have nothing to actually base that on.) I haven't seen the actual letter, but those coming to class should see it soon. There are only going to be a limited number of slots out West and after that there may be a "pause" on how many more classes there are going to be immediately thereafter. That is just my interpretation of what was said to us. Not a stop on new hire growth but a pause..... Good luck!

A letter is being sent out to new hires about the hotel thing. My understanding is that if you get based in PHX you will not be put up in a hotel after indoc because you are now "in base". If you are based in LAS then you would receive a hotel room during flight training. Make sure you read the letter before you spread rumors that are untrue. My information is coming from what I heard the Director of Training say. (this might be just "West specific" for all I know, but I have nothing to actually base that on.) I haven't seen the actual letter, but those coming to class should see it soon. There are only going to be a limited number of slots out West and after that there may be a "pause" on how many more classes there are going to be immediately thereafter. That is just my interpretation of what was said to us. Not a stop on new hire growth but a pause..... Good luck!

Hey Capt,

How many in your class got Airbus in Vegas vs. 737 in PHX? How was it decided - based on age?

Yes, it was based on age. 4 went to LAS on the 320 and 4 went to PHX on the 737.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back