US Airway news - not good

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
46Driver said:
I think I am going to buy stock in airline "D"...... :)

Good, that means my analogy worked!

V70T5 said:
:

Airline A, B, C, and D all have x, y, z as expenses. Airlines A,B & C all also have an additional expense, we'll call it p (for pension).

Just to add that if Airline A, B, C and D all have taxes on facilities, gas and on each ticket issued (to name a few) that cause the cost of the trip to become prohibitive, customers will drive or not go.

Is the pilot retirement plan at Airways the only group that was targeted? Any other groups retirement dropped?

The pilot plan is the only group that is under fire. I,if it gets by,will take about a 75% hit after 38 yrs. because I will not have the time to make it up on a DC plan. No other plan is taking a hit. ALPA is trying to do someting about it. We have to do something for all USAir pilots wheather on furllough,retired or active. It is the first time the pilots are standing together. Mobs

mobs said:
The pilot plan is the only group that is under fire. I,if it gets by,will take about a 75% hit after 38 yrs. because I will not have the time to make it up on a DC plan. No other plan is taking a hit. ALPA is trying to do someting about it. We have to do something for all USAir pilots wheather on furllough,retired or active. It is the first time the pilots are standing together. Mobs

God speed brother... I hope you boys can keep what you worked hard for, but if not, atleast keep what you can.

V70T5, Thanks for the kind words. We may be making some headway. I still have to remind myself that an optimist is just a pesimist with less information. Mobs

US Airways ALPA has also provided 100% of managment's target givebacks vs. 70% for the other employee groups. Management knows what we know here on the board - 1000's of qualified applicants for a few jobs and a steep dropoff in pay to start. Bag-smashers & f/a's have a lot less to lose. Management is specifically going after the pilots to the relative exclusion of the rest of the employees. They are betting that "any job's better than no job".

Last edited:
reepicheep said:
US Airways ALPA has also provided 100% of managment's target givebacks vs. 70% for the other employee groups. Management knows what we know here on the board - 1000's of qualified applicants for a few jobs and a steep dropoff in pay to start. Bag-smashers & f/a's have a lot less to lose. Management is specifically going after the pilots to the relative exclusion of the rest of the employees. They are betting that "any job's better than no job".

I predicted this a long time ago. They will just keep coming back for more and more. It will never be enough. I've been there and seen this same type of situation. At some point, you guys have to say enough is enough. Take the job and shove it.

In the end, that is all it is....a job.

Don't let these bastards strip your dignity and rip you off.

Good luck

100LL... Again! said:
I didn't know that we were all entitled to a pension.

Is it morally wrong for the company to not to provide a pension?
When a company has had intact a pension that is part of a contract that was agreed to be paid as a part of a labor agreement yes. To withdraw from a past obligatory contract is wrong,just as if you were not paid for what you might have worked last month. USAirways is withdrawing the monies set aside for the fund and turning the obligation over to the PBGC and the tax payer. Mobs

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back