US Air taxing Furloughees to Non-Rev

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Capn Mike

US Air started last November to charge those furloughed longer than one year to Non-Rev. What they are doing is reporting to the IRS that you received the value of a walk up fare ID-90 for all legs of Non-Rev travel that is done by the furloughee and his family.

Does anyone know if furloughees from other airlines are faced with this same type of policy, or is it once again another shining example of US Air taking care of its employees and former employees?

Mike

USAir bites, and so does any other airline that charges people they furloughed to non-rev.

Let 'em go under I say.

"F" USAir, I'll never go back...
The taxes go back to the domestic partner laws a few years ago. My girlfriend at the time got the benefits and they were taxing my pay. I remember some discussions at the union and some chat places but can't remember the final opinions of it all, it's out there if you look hard enough..

You actually get to Non-Rev??

Furloughed AA here and new to the sight. As I am former TWA, I have never experienced or heard of any airline treating its employees any worse than AA especially when it comes to travel priviledges. Not only did AA charge me to Non-Rev when I was employed, they charged me to commute to work! That's right, you are not allowed to jump seat on your OWN airline unless that jump seat is the LAST available seat on the entire airplane. We were also taxed much the same way the previous poster stated concerning domestic partner travel priviledges. This sounds like the same thing USAir is doing to those furloughed Non-Revs and their families after a year of furlough. However, consider yourself lucky to have that much and to still be able to Non-Rev after a year. AA gave us only 90 days after furlough to use Non-Rev for ourselves only, not a family member. I've heard DAL furloughs keep all their same travel priviledges. No one that I know of comes close to the brutal treatment AA gives to their employees.

Latest resources

Back