US Air E190's?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lrjtcaptain

Was working metering last night and talked to USA856 from ORD to PHL. Was an E190. When did US Air get E190's?

US Airways E190's

Was working metering last night and talked to USA856 from ORD to PHL. Was an E190. When did US Air get E190's?

Our first revenue flight was last February. We have 8 airplanes now and will have 25 by October, 2008.

I was in ORD flying that flight on Sunday, you guys do a great job there.

Can you please transfer to PHL? :)

Our first revenue flight was last February. We have 8 airplanes now and will have 25 by October, 2008.

I was in ORD flying that flight on Sunday, you guys do a great job there.

Can you please transfer to PHL? :)

I'll stay here. Im just a trainee right now, I walked in the door at ORD last month, out here from Cali. ORD has a lot of trainees on now with the fact this facility should have 84 certified, we are down to 40 certified right now with 15+ training.

After flying for United out of Chicago, I have to say hands down the Chicago controllers are the best.

The ground frequency, prior to 9/11, was comical at times. And the approach controllers could do wonders if they have 6 miles between two aircraft. The 727 was their slot airplane. Always fun.

My first domicile was ORD. Used to commonly get the handoff from Aprch to Tower when the frequency was so congested that we couldn't get a word in. We'd land without a clearance, switch to Ground, and start taxiing without a clearance toward the gate..

Usually, as we were approaching the alley and just about to switch to Ramp, Ground would get a gap and chime in, "Eagle XXX........uh.....yeah, you know were your going. Tower says your cleared to land....nice job, have a nice day". They didn't get fired up because the last thing they would have wanted was for us to go around. They are, IMHO, the best in the industry.

Latest resources

Back