Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Air cutting contract carriers in Pit?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Humphreybogart

Here's Lookin At You Kid
Is this true? What carriers will mostly be affected? I hope it's not TSA and the J41's. Let me know if anyone knows anything about this. Thanks.

Well... Since USAirways is drastically reducing the number of flights in and out of PIT, reducing it from a hub to a "focus city" or whatever they're calling it now, it seems obvious that they are going to be cutting quite a bit... And not just flights by contract carriers, but mainline and WO's, too.

What is the number I read... Down from 100+ flights per day to 40 or something? That's a pretty big cut, esp. since the 100+ is already a cut from what it was two years ago... Or five years ago, for that matter.

Then again my numbers aren't necessarily right, it's just what I remember. And why are you specifically concerned about TSA's -41's?

Last edited:
Uhhh....

Then none of this should be a mystery to you. You basically know as much as the rest of us.

I wish that was true, but hence, we here at Trans States feel like mushrooms, you know kept in the dark and fed a bunch of $*it!

Note -- No offense is intended against TSA pilots, or any other carrier/person/entity.

Anyone who has deadheaded on a J-41 knows that it is probably the least comfortable airplane out there. I would not be sad to see it leave the US Air system.

Again, no offense intended. I'm glad you have a job and enjoy what you fly.

Latest resources

Back