Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Air contract carriers: Say no to J4J!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DorkProp

Dork No More!
You guys are absolutely crazy if you sign any agreement with mainline that allows dad to have preferential bidding and hiring in your RJs. You're hurting yourself and you're hurting the wholly-owned carriers. Play hardball and don't fall for dad's empty promises. They won't even throw you a going-away party as you're displaced right out the door.

If you insist on seniority, seat, and bidding protection, dad will be forced to give you jets anyway. They have to. They know that US Air is a sinking ship without lots of RJs soon. Don't cave!

This post is out of character from me, but things have been stressful of late regarding our sham of a TA at PSA and I just couldn't take any more of what I've been reading at www.v1rotate.com about TSA, et al, and their spineless pandering to mainline's demands about RJs (SJs, whatever).

I also posted this message on the Skywest to fly RJ's for US Air.

Any contract airline that allows these mainline guys to infiltrate their seniority list is a scab airline in my opinion. Let those greedy mainline pilots figure out their own mess for their past greedy mistakes. They know if US Airways goes bankrupt none of those guys will be flying RJ's. It's funny before Sept. 11 most mainline guys said they would never fly RJ's on their property, but look now, all of a sudden they would love to fly them. And screw the wholly owneds. We have no plans of even getting in on the RJ deal that I know of, why would we. US Airways has no deliveries of any planes in 2003 and 2004, Do you honestly think these guys are going to be called back at anytime soon, if at all. They also plan on furloughing all the way back to Jan 2003 right now. Think about it guys (contract carriers), you guys are fools if you let them have jobs just to get RJ's.

Oh my,my,my....what's that smell ? Smells like.....sour grapes.Ok,so the w.o.'s get shafted by mainline AGAIN-what else is new ? By all rights and priveleges,you guys should have jets and the flow through,no doubt about it.But "a scab airline" ? Puh-leeze.Do you even shave yet ? Our union reps and attorneys are trying to negotiate the best deal for OUR pilot group.They never asked for "preferential bidding"-only the U D.O.H. for pay purposes ONLY-they will be junior and on reserve for quite sometime.Has anybody even asked if we have enough business to support 400+ new airplanes ? How long would that take to deliver ? As for a flow-through to mainline....Well,I think the chances are greater for a Richard Simmons Jr. than for any of us to fly an A320 for Airways.

I would not call them scabs. That's a special word with a singular meaning and it does NOT apply. The furloughees themselves are not to blame for this. It is their leaders and their union, i.e., ALPA.

What I would call them (the leaders & the union) is clever con-men that are trying to take advantage of the inexperience pilots at the regional carriers in order to serve their own parochial interests.

Regional pilots who agree to this are not fools, but they are extremely naive. The answer to the USAirways MEC and to ALPA should be not no, but HELL NO!

Realize that if your airline is going to buy and operate more jets, it will NOT be doing it because those jets are flown by furloughed USAirways pilots.

Wake up regional pilots. The so-called mainline pilots and your union have been shafting you for years. Stand up and keep what is yours, just like they keep what is theirs. They already consider you to be inferior wimps. Don't prove them right. None of them would do this for you!

Latest resources

Back