US Air charging to jumpseat/nonrev???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Capn Mike

I heard recently that US Air will start charging $20/leg to jumpseat and nonrev beginning on Jan 1st. Does anyone know the details on this?

Thanks,

Mike

From U's ALPA site, I saw a post that said it only affects non-wholly owned U code-sharing regionals, not mainline or wholly owned employees.

If you don't work for Mainline, a wholly owned, or are retired with less than 25 years active service, the non/rev cost will be $20 per leg plus $20 to upgrade domestically and $100 internationally.

I didn't see anything in the letter about "jump-seat" charges. I think that's becoming one of those bad flightinfo rumors.

Last edited:
It is highly unlikely they are charging for jumpseaters, at least the first one. That would likely violate the Open Skies Agreement.

There is a lot of misinformation about AirTran's policy, too.

I don't know about USairways, but at AirTran, we will always take 1 offline jumpseater for free, period.

After that, they will sell you a $25. non-rev pass, which is better than getting left behind by some of the other carriers, but not as good as the unlimited jumpseats offered by others.

Our Union has said that we will be working to get back the unlimited jumpseats in our next contract ('05).

Latest resources

Back