US Air Annimation Video

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LR45JI

I'm looking for a video that the NTSB (I think) produced about a US Air Metro jet that ATC cleared for takeoff in fog (don't remember the airport) while a Untied jet was lost. Thankfully the US Air Capt. wouldn't takeoff........

A year or so ago I saw that video in a recurrent class. Does anyone know where I couold find it?

Thanks

Who was in that United cockpit, Betty Crocker and Jose Cuervo?

Dennis Miller said:
Who was in that United cockpit, Betty Crocker and Jose Cuervo?

Granted, the UAL crew got lost but the PVD controller was horrible. The US crew did an outstanding job of paying attention!!

chperplt said:
Granted, the UAL crew got lost but the PVD controller was horrible. The US crew did an outstanding job of paying attention!!

The UAL crew didn't help by giving an incorrect position report. The controller was confused because of the UAL crew's inability to communicate clearly.

Kudos to the USair crew.

CaptAntoineMack said:
The UAL crew didn't help by giving an incorrect position report. The controller was confused because of the UAL crew's inability to communicate clearly.

Kudos to the USair crew.

It's the UAL pilots fault that the PVD controller was an idiot ? They made it more than clear that they were lost and she didn't care. Not only did she not care, but she berated them for admitting that they were lost. Sure, the United crew got lost... but the controller was inept and deserved her fate.

OK, this brings up and interesting point. I am probably going to get banned from the sight for this, but has anyone else noticed the difference between male and female controllers? As a whole I think men are much better at being controllers. Women tend to overcontrol the airspace. It seems like it takes a female controller 10 transmissions to do something most male controllers do in 3. In addition, when things start getting stressful the women bring out the claws There are some things that women do much better than men, I just don't think ATC is one of them. Of course there are exceptions. We have a female controller at our home base who is, in my opinion, the best controller in the entire system. Unfortunately, she is the exception rather than the rule. I am not trying to start a gender war here, I am just curious if anyone else has noticed. I would especially be interested in the opinions of some female pilots.

Hmmm...the girls for Hartsfield are pretty good. Haven't noticed anything with them.

BUT

The Ramp controlers for ramp 4 and 5 are a mess. They aren't "ATC" controllers, just stricktly ramp thank god.

Latest resources

Back