Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hawg68

Hawg
Any recently called UPS poolies or old school Brown Baggers know how long training is for new hires? Does it vary from airframe to airframe?

Thanks... and congrats to all the recently called poolies..

Somebody through me some swimmies...I'm drowning over here!!!!!!!

Hawg

Hawg68 said:
Any recently called UPS poolies or old school Brown Baggers know how long training is for new hires? Does it vary from airframe to airframe?

Thanks... and congrats to all the recently called poolies..

Somebody through me some swimmies...I'm drowning over here!!!!!!!

Hawg

Hawg68,

It's been over 4 years since day one for me, but I'll give this a shot anyway.

From start to finish was a little over 2.5 months for me. Training is from the first day of basic indoc to your line check. You will be put up in a hotel for the entire duration.

I was a little different. I opted to move into an apartment right after my sim check. I decided to stay local and the hotel was getting a little too cramped for me. I think I began IOE about 1.5 weeks (give or take a day) after my checkride, and then my line check was a week or so after that. I could have stayed in the hotel that entire time if I wanted to, but I checked out when I moved into my new place.

I think it's probably safe to say this will vary from fleet to fleet, specifically when you get to your IOE phase of things.

Again, it's been a few years, so don't quote me exactly on this.

Hope this helps ya,

- Clyde

I was told 8-10 weeks with most weekends off. Also we can jumpseat after we get our ID's in the first few days. Hope you get on land soon

Clyde and Challenger,

Great information and thanks.

Clyde,

Can you tell me how difficult (if possible at all) it is to be off for let's say about a week during your probationary year? Especially in the early days after your IOE. I am trying to determine if I will be able attend a friends wedding (I am the the best man) that may fall during or shortly after training. IF I get the call for a March or April class.

Again, thanks for the great info. Can't wait to start and my bud is already aware I may have to raincheck the big day.

Hawg

Depending on what equipment you will be on, If your an FE, You'll probably be off for atleast 2 weeks between your sim check and the start of IOE...

BBDC8

Latest resources

Back