UPS to lay off 100 pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
B-J-J Fighter said:
Furloughs suck, but there part of the business, if you dont want to deal with this go fly in the military like Im doing. That is of course if your of mil quality.

"Mil quality" you say???? No offense, but I would think decent spelling and grammar would certainly be important "qualities."

"but they're part of the business"

and

"if you're of mil quality"

B-J-J Fighter said:
... Furloughs suck, but there part of the business, if you dont want to deal with this go fly in the military like Im doing. That is of course if your of mil quality.

No offense pardner, but you don't know if you're of "mil quality" yet. You've just been given the opportunity to try out for the team.

Well said, just because you've been invited to the party doesn't mean they'll let you stay.

I'd guess BJJ's statement about being furloughed wouldn't be backed up by any actual experiece in that field.

To get to the point, they (furloughs) DO suck... Especially when it happens while your company is posting 3.2 Billion dollar profits.

I heard this last weekend from a UPS pilot. Guess the announcement on 2/7 was a formality.

From h25b:
" I used to jumpseat with UPS frequently and never ran in to a more professional and friendly group of pilots. "

Can't disagree with that. Living in the Louisville area for eight years I was impressed with the quality of these folks as individuals. They all have their story to tell as to how they got to where they are. A real mix of flying backgrounds. Bob Miller seems to be a real gentleman.

Hope UPS doesn't try to jerk them around.

Latest resources

Back