Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS to furlough 54 pilots on Sunday May 23, 2010.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know it's a little far fetched.. Who's going to tell UPS what they can and cannot do right now. I certainly haven't seen much commitment to the airline side of the company in a while. Just going into my "sky is falling" mode so I'm not caught by surprise :) That being said, stranger things have happened.....

Will the active UPS pilots fund COBRA for the furloughees?

A Unity Fund has been established for our furloughed pilots that will need help with their medical premiums. Those that need the help can access those funds, while others who have spouses with insurance are asked to use that option. When all furloughed are returned, any left over funds willow go into the contract negotiations fund.

A jumpseating UPS CA said he would be very surprised if they actually followed through with this since they are short pilots now.
That's what I heard also, although my source said that he expects them to "furlough at least one crewmember, for one day," in order to comply with some sort of contractual language as regards system bid. At least that's what I think he said.

Am I being vague enough, or should I try typing this again in the dark?

Not sure how short the furlough will be. They called and wanted to move up my training date either one or two months, my choice.

110 IPA pilots furloughed but not forgotten.

26 more planned for Sept. 11th
34 on Nov. 7th

NO FAVORS / NO WAIVERS
100% IPA

Last edited:
Who the hell is gonna fly peak this year? Sounds like us contract carriers are gonna get a bigger piece of the pie compared to last year. :(

Latest resources

Back