UPS suspends captains

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

nightrider

At least one captain has been suspended by UPS for 2 months without pay by the company for exercising his authority and bumping jumpseaters. Don't know how this will turn out in arbitration. But this is about to get nasty I think.

N

I hope it gets ugly. We might as well press to test on this one in federal court since currently the company is scheduling P3 whenever they want without impunity. Captains authority is most definitely under attack.

Wise Guy said:
I hope it gets ugly. We might as well press to test on this one in federal court since currently the company is scheduling P3 whenever they want without impunity. Captains authority is most definitely under attack.

Thanks for sharing, but if your bringing it, make it so we know what your talkinbout plz:) Whats P3? Why would Capts say no?

Good luck to all the UPS fellows/fellas. It probably will get ugly quickly, hang in there.

It won't be fun while it's going on, but will be worth it in the end...kind of like being married? Oh, I drifted...good luck!

NFG

Sorry, forgot the audience, P3 is company scheduled deadhead for positioning or de-positioning. (ie, it saves them buying a commercial ticket) This from a company that cleared a billion with a B last quarter. Captains would say no for many reasons, but most likely due to overcrowding issues. The cockpit facilities for an long haul flight are totally inadequate for humans. Imagine 6 dudes in a compact car on an 8 hour road trip with no stops. That should give you the picture. It is absolutely a safety issue.

Last edited:
CKJET said:
So who is he bumping? Other Brown pilots or pilots from another airline?

It doesn't matter. The Captain should have the final authority in this matter.TC

Latest resources

Back