UPS QOL Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

KnightwhosaysNi

Can lineholders at UPS drop trips down to a certain minimum value? Or does one have the option of dropping down to 0 hours in a month like I believe FedEx can? I know it probably depends on reserve availability and all that but was just curious if it is ever possible. Thanks

Knight,

I am relatively new there/here and have never held a line. However, I asked that question during basic indoc. and they looked at me as if i was crazy. The trading rules allow only for swapping into trips with more hard time.

not much, but hope it helps

rob

ok here how it works.
if your line is above gaurantee (75 hrs) u can only trade down to 75 but u can't go below it. U can only trade with regular trips not RSV , and u can't drop trips either unless u pick up others.

brownie said:
here how it works....u can't drop trips either unless u pick up others.
Wow...I've been at UPS for nearly a year and didn't realize you can't drop trips. I've never had a trip (other than a reserve assignment), so I guess I never gave it much thought.

I also recently saw a thread elsewhere about picking-up a trips. Unless I misunderstood the specifics (something about line improvement???), we are awarded pick-ups in seniority order. Apparently that’s the way they like it here but everywhere else I’ve been, if it was in open time it was first come, first served.

[FONT=&quot]Who knows…maybe this will all change in the next contract.

Rory[/FONT]

robert_fla said:
I am not in the military, however my friend seam to imply that it is very easy to get mil drops.

rob

Actualy mil leave is required by federal law.

If you fly in the military can you drop as many trips as you want? I don't just mean UPS I'm talking in general.

Latest resources

Back