UPS Pool update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tim1wolf

I talked to HR today and they said no word has come down yet from management. They were told to expect limted hiring this year though. She couldn't really clarify what that meant though. Still about 80 in the pool though. Keep hoping!

I guess there has been some activity here at UPS this week. They did some interviewing and from what I understand there are 5 days in February that are tentatively scheduled for interviewing as well. I heard there may be a class in March. But most of the indications are we are PROBABLY going to start hiring/classes in the 2nd quarter. Hearing numbers from 20-80 for the year. I suspect however that we may see that number go up. We are short handed, our volumes are up, and we are still taking delivery of new aircraft.

Good luck. This is a great place to be.

I am not 100% sure how they hire from the pool. When I was hired there was no pool. I believe you are placed in the pool by how weel you did in the interview and when you are available. I know for a fact that it is not a first in - first out deal.

Hope this helps

Kinda off the subject here, but...... what is the interview process like? Any technical questions, tests, or strictly situational questions? What are the chances of getting a job if called for an interview? Can anyone post the pay scale? Yeah, one should worry about getting hired first before asking for the pay scale, but I'd still like to know. Thanks in advance!

Yes, I would definitely say that you should worry about getting hired before worrying about the payscale. No one knows about the interview yet because a new guy will start doing interviews this year.

On the subject of the pool, it is definitely not a certain job. I, like all the other guys in my class were hired on the interview day and the medical was completed the next day. I have a friend who has been in the pool since 98 and another since 2000.

I wish I knew more, sorry

Good luck

Latest resources

Back