UPS pool, Need info.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JohnnyPilot

I have been swimming in the UPS pool for almost 1.5 years now. I am thrilled to be in the pool and consider myself lucky.

But.... I am about to lose my flying job through the DHL/ABX fiasco and am concerned for my future. I was wondering if anyone would have the answers to the following questions:

1. What has UPS done in he past with the long-time poolies? Hire/re-interview/dump?

2. I have read and heard that it does not reflect positively on a candidate if they were to call HR and query as to their status, is that true?

Thanks for any answers and help/encouragement.

JP

Maybe you could call HR and ask from a different angle. ex. Hello, my name is ... and I am currently in the pool. I think I might get furloughed from my current job, but I may have non flying opprotunities available to me. How would UPS look upon that? Bu the way, where do I currently stand because I was hoping this non-flying job would be short term.

Just a though.

X

Why would UPS attend a job fair for pilots if they have poolies so deep and most likely tens of thousands of resumes on file?

Because that is what they do. A poolie spot is not job. It's a "one day will call, we just don't know when". I was in the pool for 18 months. Hated every minute of it. Between people asking me all the time, "have they called yet", to the UPS T.V. adds of "what can brown do for you?" (I would yell "call me for a F*&king class date!") I hated it. Did I tell you all I hate the pool??

I think it's wrong, and I will always think its. wrong.

LLB

I was in the pool for 3 1/2 years after 9/11...I got called when they started hiring again end of '04. My class had to go thru the entire interview process all over again including Simulator ride. I am not sure if this practice would continue again when we start hiring...Hang in there...

I was in the pool for 3 1/2 years after 9/11...I got called when they started hiring again end of '04. My class had to go thru the entire interview process all over again including Simulator ride. I am not sure if this practice would continue again when we start hiring...Hang in there...

Dav,

Thanks for the info. I would be happy to go through the interview and sim again. Just being first in line before anyone else off the street would be great.

Have you heard anything about the UPS/DHL deal lately?

Thanks
JP

My understanding is first in first out does not apply to UPS pool and you could never get a call after you're put in the pool....

Latest resources

Back