• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS & NW what a combo!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Saw that thing in PHL a few months ago. Took a few pics of it thinking it was.... odd....

<Phone Call to UPS>
Northwest MX: "Hey UPS. How's it going? Yeah, um.. we were wondering if we could borrow a rudder. We'll pay you back, we promise!"
UPS Ops: " ... " <laughter in the background>

Last edited:
Mismatched parts are quite common, but atleast make an attempt to get rid of the UPS logo! Could it possibly be a loaner rudder???

saw that in ord over 4 months ago....guess they haven't tried to get rid of it yet.

What would have required such a change of a rudder? Damage I guess but from what? Would NW have now bought this or will they be able to return it? Just curious.

Probably an interchange part. Many airlines have agreements established with eachother to loan certain parts. This is for a myriad of reasons mainly to include outstation maintenance where their own parts are not available or easy to transport (ie, rudder)

The paint job was left likely because they mechanics didn't have time/equipment to repaint and most importantly balance the control surface.

What would have required such a change of a rudder? Damage I guess but from what? Would NW have now bought this or will they be able to return it? Just curious.

They'll probably try and return it. "Uh, so yeah I brought it home and it doesn't fit, I'll just take my money back."

Latest resources

Back