UPS Minimums

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rwelch

Can someone tell me where to find UPS pilot hiring minimums?
Or, if someone knows, can you post their mins here?
I can not seem to find anything on their web site.
Thank You
rwelch

The unofficial hiring mins are 1,000 hours turbine pic. I've not seen that number published but heard it referenced by several folks in the hiring department.

To apply on the internet, go to this website:

http://www.upsjobs.com/

Thank You for the response.

I have been to that web page but found nothing that had to do with pilot hiring.
There was a section for applying to a full time position. I assume that is what you are referring to.

Thanks again
rwelch

rwelch:

Since they are currently not hiring pilots, there is no stated job openings for pilots on this website. When they resume hiring, they will post it there. To apply, you first need to create a resume online. It's a fill-in-the-blank form with the opportunity for you to cut and paste your resume at the end. Once this resume is created, you can submit it to any of the listed job openings. You can update the resume any time. There has been indicatations from management that they will start hiring again soon. For up to date information on hiring, you can call the UPS Hiring hotline at (800)241-2357.

Sorry I couldn't give you better info on the hiring mins, but from what I've seen it's about 1,000 turbine PIC(min) with about 7,000 hours total time (avg).

Thanks for all the great info
rwelch

Is it 1,000 Hrs turbine PIC in any turbine airplane? Is C-208 time included or is it Multi turbine PIC?

Good question! The recruiting pamphlet I have lists the following minimums:

1. ATP Written
2. Comercial ME
3. FE Written or Cert
4. Radio Cert
5. 21 years of age
6. Current First Class medical
7. ATP - Preferred
8. Four Year degree - preferred

The flight time summary asks for the following numbers:

In addition to all your flight time broken down by SE, ME, PIC, SIC, Instr, Last 6 mos, and student, they ask you to list the turbo jet and turboprop aircraft flown along with total sic, pic and fe time in type. Then they ask for hours in a certified multi-pilot or crew aircraft as PIC and SIC.

To finally answer your quesion, I don't think they differentiate between SE and ME turbine time. I do think they want to see some "crew" experience in the 121, 135 or military environment though. I don't know of anyone that's gone from single engine turboprops to a UPS flying job. If you were a ground instructor at UPS with that experience, they might buy it, but if UPS or FedEx is your goal, I'd suggest getting some crew time at a regional or corporate operation after you get the 1,000 hour turbine PIC.

Sorry for being beating the question to death! I'll post any new info I find on this subject.

Does UPS allow for any kind of a military conversion on flight time like some other companies? If so, is it in writing somewhere that could be used as a reference if its use needed to be defended?

Thanks,
MP

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back