UPS Jumpseats Open!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BrownTailGuy

According to our former Jumpseat Coordinator, AAL guy/gals are now allowed to list themselves on UPS Jumpseats. They will have to wait until June 7th to start riding with us however.

When the other carriers have completed their "internal steps" then they will also be allowed to start jumpseating on UPS aircraft.

I would just like to thank all my brothers and sisters at other carriers that have allowed us UPS'ers to jumpseat on your aircraft over the past few years. Everyone here is very appreciative.

Fly Safe and we hope to see you all soon.

here was the note from our former #awesome# jumpseat chair.

...as of today (5/28), American Airline pilots can LIST
themselves on UPS flights, but have to wait the 12 days (June 7) to begin riding on us!

Because this was a memo for the jumpseat desk personnel, it didn't say
anything about when we can ride in their cockpit. I imagine it is
reciprocal... We should be hearing something soon!

FI-NA-LLY!!

(the other airlines will follow when they finish their internal setups,
etc).

What about American Eagle? They are part of the same CASS/computer system.

Brown Tail

I would like to second browntail... UPS pilots owe our brother and sisters at "offline" carriers many thanks for allowing us the privelege to "jumpseat". Carriers that have allowed us to get to work via the reciprocal jumpseat program is a necessity to our operations... About 50% of our pilots live outside of domicile.

Offline jumpseating will be open to all reciprical carriers as soon as their company completes the requirements to set up the CASS system and has it validated by the "powers that be"... American and UPS are the first two companies to complete.... Others will follow...

This is good news for all.

Thanks again - to all - for giving us UPS guys/gals a ride to work since 9/11. Hopefully in the near future we'll be able to do the same for you - - on BROWNTAIL...

In a previous life I worked in the CP's office at UPS. Back then even support staff could jumpseat. For me it was the single most valuable benefit of the job. Sure health insurance and stock options are nice but when you're 22 years old nothing compares to getting a free, catered ride in a DC-8 jumpseat to HNL for a little R&R.

It is nice to see more carriers offering the cabin jumpseats to offline flight attendants. I'm hearing that Indy Air may offer jump to flight attendants. They're coming to SDF in August and I'm psyched to have another commuting option to the DC area. Since SWA does not reciprocate for flight attendants I fear it's only a matter of time before we lose the few agreements we have in place. Our flights are booked so high the commuting online is brutal.

Maybe I should take the company's buyout offer and go to flight school. Hmmm.......

But I digress. Sorry to hijack the thread. Just wanted to say thanks to the men and women of UPS for all those rides over the years.

Sepelllingg.....

Rereadding my post...

Obivisoyly its ben a long time since I went to skool...to make inteligent post... Nonethoe less.. Thankis to y'all for keeping it professional.. Sorry 4 the bad speling!

Latest resources

Back