Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AZaviator

El Capitan
Does UPS allow 135 jumpseaters? In particular, I'm interested in knowing if Ameriflight pilots can jumpseat on UPS.

Thanks!

Inline is correct. UPS is not accepting offline jumpseaters at this time. Our jumpseat coordinator has been working real hard trying to get them approved.

We can of course take Joe Schmuckatelly the lower level manager in charge of vending machine procurement wherever in the world he wants to go. Even though he has no FAA license or has not had a background check. Go Figure!!!

Sorry offliners but we are trying.

Fly safe

Having flown a fair amount to and from SDF in the last 3 months, I have had 16 UPS Pilots in the back to TPA, MDW and BWI.

I know ... we at SWA know ... your JS coordinator is doing all they can do within the current state of insanity in this industry.

It will get better for all concerned as I spoke to the NWA JS corrdinator and he told me there is a ID program in testing now that shows promise.

As for carrying 'Joe Schuckatelly', lower level vending manager, before you can take an off-line 121 (or 135 if you guys offer that) JS'r is bizzare at best.

It makes me do my best RCA Dog imitation (tilted head with a consuming look of puzzlement), when Barny Fife (sp?) can carry a firearm on our airplane but a FFDO has to bring his heat in a locked bag !

WTFO ...

SL

Jumpseats

It's the same situation here at FDX. Hopefully they can get it worked out soon so we can start carrying offline pilots.

I do want to extend my thanks (as well as all the guys on the crew bus) for all of the Pax carriers continuing to take us as jumpseaters even though we can't return the favor.

As for the FFDO's putting their heat in the belly compartment. . .

I'm predicting that alot of these weapons are going to start disappearing once the ground crews realize what is in those locked bags that are loaded in the belly compartment just before push back. . . .

Anyone care to bet me a $20??

about the gun issue...

I'm predicting that alot of these weapons are going to start disappearing once the ground crews realize what is in those locked bags that are loaded in the belly compartment just before push back. . . .

Can you imagine, you get to your destination, go back and get your bag, but it's not there. you call the police at the original airport-say you supervised your bag being loaded-now its gone. Sh$t hits the fan. Whole airport will probably be shut down 'till it's found. If it's not found quickly-EVERYONE would have go back thru security, and the whole property would have to be searched-including all the planes, and what about the planes that have departed the airport at this time-do they search the other airports too?....ouch.

Then since the ramper stole the gun, you will be scrutinized by the TSA and considered to be irresponsible for allowing this to happen. Therefore, you are now a security threat and they take your ticket. Upon further invetigation, the ramper who you gave your gun to is found to have been a convicted felon, and you are now arrested for giving your gun to a felon. And finally, while you are sitting in jail, awaiting trial, your lawyer comes in and tells you not only was the guy a felon, but he was under 18, and you also gave your gun to a minor...

B

Sorry, I didn't mean to hi-jack this thread. :)

Last edited:
back on topic

Just days after taking a FedEX jumpseater I went to the local FedEx office to mail something. After filling out the form and asking a question or two I produce my airline ID and say oh ya I believe I get a discount as an airline employee. Wow, the woman turned cold, acted like she was doing me a huge favor, and said you should have shown me your ID first thing!

It gave me pause to think how cool every single FedEx pilot was that I had met over the years, yet how bad it sucks that not only can I not get a ride on a FedEx plane, I can't even mail a freaking package without incurring the wrath of khan.

I still love giving FedExers rides. I know it's sucks being in your position not being able to reciprocate. Just wish that counter woman had been given some sensitivity training on the subject of professional courtesy.

FDX

Ben,

Please remember that the FDX pilots are the only unionized employee group in the whole corporation. . . and every other group is reminded of that and everything is blamed on "those darn pilots". . . . the Mid-East problem, the Iraq war, Global Warming. . . Liberals. . . . yeah, we are that powerful . . .

If it makes you feel any better, I get the "third degree" also when I go in to ship employee discount fare with my FedEx ID . . . in uniform on the way to go fly. . . .

Man, that Schmuckatelly guy sure gets around. He was an ensign back when I was in flight school. He sure did get into all kinds of touble!!!;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back