Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS INTERVIEW with NO recommendations? Really???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

myq2u

Yesterday I heard from a friend who’s upgrading at UPS that if you want to work for Big Brown - NOW is the time to update your UPS application (or actually reapply)!

Apparently, in the last couple of weeks they’ve been offering interviews to folks who had NO (I mean ZERO) online recommendations. I heard that in the past it was very important to have referrals. He said that when they switched to the new online application format the “please-please-please-call-me” pool of over 10,000 applicants shrank to less than 100 (as of last week, not sure what it is now). So they have been calling people from this “micro” applicant pool. So if you are interested in working for UPS make sure you fill out the new application ASAP! Darn it, I wish I was a few years younger – then I think I’d apply myself. Then again, as soon as I’ retire, the new retirement age will be raised to 80! Maybe I'll try then? ;)

Any UPS pilots care to confirm/deny this rumor?

Application website:
Go to www.upsjobs.com
or try this direct link (if I can make it to work)
https://ups.managehr.com/screening/professional/jobdetail.aspx?jobreqid=1065&classification=U&locationtype=ALL&zip=&zipradius=10&citystate=AL&jobcategorylst=2&keywordtxt=

Last edited:
I was just in HR today and they made it sound like the already have a lot of applications in.

Applied on the first day the new system came out, with one LOR, still waiting for the call. It would be nice if it was true. Are they still looking at hiring 150 this year? Seems like all the classes are pretty small.

This is absolutely TRUE

I updated my resume when the new system changed over (I don't exactly know when that was) and got the call for an interview this week. I have 0, zilch, none, nada, referrals/letters of rec at UPS. I was extremely suprised (understatement of the century) to get the call.

MountyFlyer said:
I updated my resume when the new system changed over (I don't exactly know when that was) and got the call for an interview this week. I have 0, zilch, none, nada, referrals/letters of rec at UPS. I was extremely suprised (understatement of the century) to get the call.

Do you have 747-400 and/or MD-11 experience? Or at least heavy jet, international experience? Good luck with the interview.

Don't make any mistakes while filling out the app. I accidentally hit the wrong key and I cannot get back in. Message says thanks, you'll be notified.

It is true... I applied online three weeks ago with no letters of rec and interviewed last week. I have no heavy time either. You can imagine the surprise on my face when they called me 5 days after I applied!

All I can do now is sit by the mailbox and hope for the best.

schmitty340 said:
It is true... I applied online three weeks ago with no letters of rec and interviewed last week. I have no heavy time either. You can imagine the surprise on my face when they called me 5 days after I applied!

All I can do now is sit by the mailbox and hope for the best.

Awesome! Good for you! Let us know how it works out!

Latest resources

Back