UPS Hiring Numbers for 2007

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BIGBROWNDC8

These are the Hiring numbers that are currently being mentioned by the people in the Know:

227 pilots to be hired for year 2007

84 have already been hired so far this year.

143 open FO position remian that need to be filled by new hires.

Here are the projected open FO seats that need to be filled:

MD-11 ANC 78 FO's
A-300 6 FO's
B-757 51 FO's (11 SDF, 22 SDFZ, 15 ONT, 3 MIA)
DC-8 5 FO's
747-400 19 FO's

16 of these postions may be filled by the current probationary FE's already on property... Even with the 16 Probation guys getting the upgrade, we still need 143 from now till November.

As with anything at UPS... This will probably change by tomorrow, but for now, its whats being talked about... Now if the age 60 rule changes anytime soon, look for these numbers to change...

Good Luck
BBDC8

Last edited:
Good stuff BB, thanks for posting. What's the "z" in SDFZ?

SDFZ refers to the 757/767 crews based in SDF who do international flying. It's different than the 757 domestic domicile although they do some TDYs.

With Airbus, 757, and DC-8 positions needing filled this year, do you expect them to drop the transoceanic heavy requirement for later windows?

Short answer based soley on my own "speculation"

YES!!!

I base my answer off of conversations I have had with "People in the Know" at UPS...

If you would like to reference other posts that I have made regarding the Two types of application that UPS "may" use in the future, Read the linked thread below...

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=96302

Good luck
BBDC8

What are the chances of dropping the 1000 turbine pic. Got hired at nwa in the early 90s with about 750 have been a DC10 so/fo and 330 fo. Have lots of intl. just a little short pic and trying to avoid the dreaded DC9 cpt:)

With Airbus, 757, and DC-8 positions needing filled this year, do you expect them to drop the transoceanic heavy requirement for later windows?

NO...directly from HR. This is a short term requirement till they get the 400 and MD slots filled. After this happens they will probably drop the requirement.

Great info, thanks! Now, time for some more questions:
1) How many guranteed days off for both reserve and line holders? What kind of reserve call outs (ie. 4 hrs, more or less?)
To be more specific, for folks at ONT and ANC.
2) Are most trips out of ONT domestic or a mix? How are the trips out of ONT?
3) Overall job satisfaction, including management vs. pilot relationship?
4) Is ONT senior?

Latest resources

Back