UPS Flight MGMT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RGPilot

Has anyone out there applied for the UPS Flight Mgmt. position? How long did it take to get notified if you got the position? Were you notified by phone or mail?

RGPilot said:
Has anyone out there applied for the UPS Flight Mgmt. position? How long did it take to get notified if you got the position? Were you notified by phone or mail?
Someone I know who is starting in management next week was contacted by phone to let him know he was in the management "pool" and then contacted by phone a few weeks later about the physical.

Are you unemployed? Because if you're not, I can't imagine why you'd want to sentence yourself to a management job at UPS.

RB

I will be furloughed in about 3 weeks. I interviewed for the position in early December and have not heard anything since.

RGPilot said:
I will be furloughed in about 3 weeks. I interviewed for the position in early December and have not heard anything since.

Maybe it's a blessing in disguise????

These pilots have NO IDEA what waits for them as a UPS Flight Manager.

I know, your thinking of some guy or girl you know from your past who was in some type of management position at a different "Airline" and your thinking, I can do that. Let me be the first to shed the light in your direction. The job you think you are going to be doing its not even in the same universe as what you will actually be doing, Remember, this is not an airline. The money is tempting, but the job is nothing that I could deal with, much less being at the end of UPS whip 24/7 365...

If you want some insight into how this company feels about you both professionally, and personally, just ask some of the new hires. They all came here with a really motivated attitude (just like I did in the beginning before some ACP/Flight Manager got his hooks into me while I was on probation and threatened my job if I didnt change my scheduled days off to on so that he could impliment an illegal schedule change. What a joy) Anyway, thats another post, but Im sure these guys will fill you in on all the LUV going on here.

Anyway, good luck with that...

Thanks for you insight. But I would like to hear from anyone who is a Flt Mgmt Supervisor as well, or anyone in the process of being hired. There are 2 sides to everything.

Latest resources

Back