Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Pocono Pilot

flower child
After doing much research, I've narrowed it down to these three airlines as the last best hope for a good solid aviation career.

I am going to try for one of these three.

Interestingly enough, these three weren't real enticing ten years ago, but now they are the cream of the crop. Do you think they will stay this way?

Am I missing any other place to apply besides these three?

After doing much research, I've narrowed it down to these three airlines as the last best hope for a good solid aviation career.

Interestingly enough, these three weren't real enticing ten years ago, but now they are the cream of the crop. Do you think they will stay this way?

You had to do research to figure this out? :rolleyes:

Interestingly enough, these three weren't real enticing ten years ago, but now they are the cream of the crop.

Um... okay, I'll bite. What led you to this conclusion? Just curious... because 15 years ago I came to the opposite conclusion.

Choosing an employer is like picking a stock. Some do a great deal of research before purchasing and others simply buy what's "hot" at the moment.

BBB

...Interestingly enough, these three weren't real enticing ten years ago, but now they are the cream of the crop...

Just flew with a captain who has a financial degree and also owns a financial consulting firm as his second job. He’s been at UPS for 14+ years so when I asked him why he chose UPS he said that when he got out of the Navy, he’d interviewed and gotten hired at American and while waiting for a class date he also interviewed at UPS. He did research on both companies’ balance sheets and decided to go to UPS.

He said at the time all of his Navy friends thought he was crazy and tried to talk him into going to American or Delta or any other “real” airline but he decided to stick it out at Big Brown.

My point is you might be correct about the three airlines not being “the cream of the crop” some ten years ago. Yet at the same time, the UPS balance sheet then was definitely “the cream of the crop” just as it is today - so I guess it all boiled down to some basic research and what kind of flying they all were interested in.

Last edited:
Whatever you do, DON'T apply to Continental...

That bad, huh?

No worries mate. I already checked them out, but said, 'Thanks, but no thanks.'

I think things are going to get rough there after the age 60 limit is increased and the FOs lose the hope of upgrading quickly. Plus, there is still a long time left on that concessionary contract that the poor pilots are working under now.

I'm telling you, stay at Express. I seriously doubt you would get hired at any of these places due to you having to open your mouth during the interview.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back