• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS email?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Could I get a serious answer from a real UPS pilot? Under the new contract can a second year F/O expect to make six figures? Also, what's the chance of getting the right seat of the whale or MD as a newhire? I really don't want to be and F/E, but would obviously do it if I had too.

commuterpuke said:
Could I get a serious answer from a real UPS pilot? Under the new contract can a second year F/O expect to make six figures? Also, what's the chance of getting the right seat of the whale or MD as a newhire? I really don't want to be and F/E, but would obviously do it if I had too.

I don't think anyone really wants to be an F/E, but with an attitude like your's, I don't think UPS will want you. How about that answer from a "REAL" UPS pilot! :nuts:

commuterpuke said:
Could I get a serious answer from a real UPS pilot? Under the new contract can a second year F/O expect to make six figures?
Which part of the negotiating process do you not understand? The reason no one can tell you what the pay rates will be is (1) the rates haven't been finalized yet and (2) we don't have a TA, so no one outside the negotiating committee knows what the numbers are. In other words, there is no new contract.

commuterpuke said:
Also, what's the chance of getting the right seat of the whale or MD as a newhire? I really don't want to be and F/E, but would obviously do it if I had too.
Honestly, that's a piss poor attitude. I don't know if you've interviewed here or not, but if you haven’t and you're lucky enough to get an interview, you’d better get your ducks in a row. The large majority of UPS pilots were engineers. Some for many years. No one is going to put up with your "I'm too good to be an engineer" attitude.

In case you haven’t noticed, this industry is collapsing around us. There are tons of highly qualified furloughed pilots on the street and many more taking massive pay cuts. There are plenty of guys out there who would be more than happy to be an engineer if it means having a secure future (or one of the best possibilities of a secure future) at a company like UPS.

No one owes you a da*m thing. Get real.

RO

Holier than thou...

Man commuterpuke,

With that stellar attitude of yours, you will be a lock for that next UPS class. :rolleyes: Why is it so bad to be an engineer? I think it is a blast being one. Yes, I work my butt off (when I actually get called to work), but I personally find it cool to have a engineer certificate. It is a dying breed, and it's just another certificate that I'm proud of having earned. Plus, at UPS and FDX, those are the normal seats in which one is hired. If it wasn't for the growth at UPS, everyone would be hired as an engineer. As previous posters have said, most of our pilots started there, spent years on the panel, and finally accrued enough seniority to bid off of it. Me, I'm grateful to be here, and I don't mind paying my dues. I will be lucky to get a chance to upgrade to a FO slot probably within my first year here. Again, most of our pilots didn't get that kind of an opportunity.

So, if you don't want to be an engineer, just stay where you're at. There are PLENTY of people who truly want to be here who won't care what seat they get.

I want to be at UPS, but given the choice I'd rather start out in the right seat, preferably in a widebody.

christmas is coming early- everyone post their Christmas wish list:

"I want to be at UPS, but given the choice I'd rather start out in the right seat, preferably in a widebody."

(you are better qualified how than those already riding the senority list?)

my list: a nice black suit

commuterpuke said:
Could I get a serious answer from a real UPS pilot? Under the new contract can a second year F/O expect to make six figures?

Geez man. I'll tell you what..do a little research and then ask yourself that same question.

Current second year FO rate is 76 bucks with an 81 hr. guarantee. I'm no wiz kid, but that comes out to around 73 grand a year.

So, what do YOU think the likelyhood is that second year FO rates will climb nearly FORTY PERCENT?

You're kidding right?

Commuterpuke

– are you really serious? How about worry about the pay and the benefits once you get hired? If you cannot accept working there under their current contract, maybe you shouldn’t apply? I think they all deserve a better contract and I hope they will, but you cannot make demands unless you’re actually part of their team, and you won’t be one unless you get hired.

MANY pilots would kill just for the chance of working for Big Brown; you sound very greedy to me.

“You don’t want to be an fe???” Is fo position ok for you or would you prefer the captain seat? How about check airman? Make sure you put your request on your resume.

Ps. I am replying only because I am thinking you’re serious; if you’re joking, well, you got me there :) av80r

Latest resources

Back