UPS Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

H25BCPTN

Do you think that UPS will have a contract by July 1 of this year? If they do have a contract will they start to hire this year? Thanks for ay information you guys might have, it has been a long swim.

Fly Safe

:cool:

H25cptn,

I have seen your post from time to time on UPS so I guess you are in the pool and tired of swimming?

Unfortunately the bull**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** they are putting out about our contract is just that. We have moved from negotiating week on, week off to starting to negotiate almost every week on. They are trying to keep the public optimistic and pump up the stock prices.

My forecast is this, I believe we might see a t/a around the first of the year. I don't know if this will be acceptable. We have been in the scheduling section for the last 9 months. I don't believe the company is going to give up the flexibility they have to rape and brutalize us with no financial penalty easily.

You really would not want to come here and be junior right now. Let us work out the bugs and your first year will be alot better.

With the new flying we are adding I seriously believe we will see newhires in the next 12-18 months out of necessity.

Good luck
Nightrider

Pool

Have you any any other poolies called in to HR lately? It's been a long while since I have called or updated, since over a year ago I was told, "we'll contact you for an update if we need one." I have been thinking about making the call, but thought I'd see if anyone else has.

Re: Pool

tim1wolf said:
Have you any any other poolies called in to HR lately?
I was advised to never call HR. I've been told it's the poolie "kiss of death." I'm not taking any chances.

LGAPilot

Last edited:
Yes I am in the pool for UPS and swimming just fine. I am just trying to keep up on events to see when things might turn around. Trying to plan for summer vacations and don't want to be out of town when they call. The wait is not that bad since I have a good job. Not one you can retire from but a good job. Thanks for all the information you guys do post about what is going on in the company. It helps us in the pool to keep swimming and have hope. Take care and fly safe.

:cool:

BTW, you are NOT getting the SIN 744's, sorry...

Latest resources

Back