Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DiamondZ

FedEx 72 S/O
Interview scheduled in Jan. Was looking for interview gouge / suggestions. Have sim prep scheduled although I know its a toss up of what aircraft I would get. Any info would be appreciated.

Hold out for another airline with higher starting pay. $26K is pathetic for a billion dollar a quarter profit company.

No one officially walked my stuff in that Im aware of. Just been networking hard for the past 16 months. Had some success going to job fairs and trying to meet each UPS rep.

DiamondZ. Congrats on getting the call for the interview. Best advise I can give you ...relax... the interview is to get to know you as a person and as a pilot, and is very low stress. Take some time to think back about your flying history, and know the company very well. Some technical questions prior to the sim.

Good Luck!!

If you can sing Rocky Top, that'll be a check-plus on your file ;)

Interview sims have been primarily 727, 767 FBS, A300 and MD11 (thats the order I have observed). Newhires have been going to DC8 FO/SO, 727 FO/SO, 756 domestic/international/ontario/miami, A300, and 747 SO (and a couple FOs). If a contract happens in the next 3-6 months, expect alot of SO positions as the 60+ demographic retires. Some might know better than me, but it seems aircraft breakdown per class is entirely dependant on needs and training capacity. Smile, be yourself, try to be relaxed...and if you get the 727 during the interview, raise your seat up high so you can see the HSI - the control column does a pretty good job of blocking it.

Hope this helps...good luck!

BoilerUP said:
If you can sing Rocky Top, that'll be a check-plus on your file ;)

Interview sims have been primarily 727, 767 FBS, A300 and MD11 (thats the order I have observed). Newhires have been going to DC8 FO/SO, 727 FO/SO, 756 domestic/international/ontario/miami, A300, and 747 SO (and a couple FOs). If a contract happens in the next 3-6 months, expect alot of SO positions as the 60+ demographic retires. Some might know better than me, but it seems aircraft breakdown per class is entirely dependant on needs and training capacity. Smile, be yourself, try to be relaxed...and if you get the 727 during the interview, raise your seat up high so you can see the HSI - the control column does a pretty good job of blocking it.

Hope this helps...good luck!

Are you an intern?

Latest resources

Back