UPS Aug 18th Class...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

lakelivin

Well folks, I thought I would be joining RVR1800 and Gucciboy in the July class but It's all filled up. Originally I was slated for it but I think they reduced it by 2#'s. Anyways, got the official word this week for the Aug. 18th class. I think RVR posted the breakdown but here it is again.

11 756 FO's......
5 dom. SDF 756
3 intl. SDF 756
3 ONT 756

The medical was "as advertised". The Doc said the only problem I had was a bad case of prune hands...;)

I can't wait to be part of a great company.
Thanks again for all the info...So who's joining me in SDF?

Last edited:
Congrats, man!

Excellent news!!!!!

Let me be the first to say congrats on the class date! :D Unbelievable feeling, isn't it? And what a way to start your new career - in the 757. Not too shabby, if you ask me. ;) But then again, for me, I'm just glad to be finally moving on and fate will put me where she thinks I should be. Glad to hear that the med went good. We'll see you down in SDF!!!

1800 RVR

Well done Lakelivin. I am happy for you. I'd be even happier if they called me too. Which option will you take?

1800: Do you know which aircraft yet?
Later.
GB

Congrats

Nice Work Lakelivin,
Keep us posted on your progress. I won't be there with you as I am not out of the Nav until Sept (and even then they have to start picking up monkeys in the pool to bring me in). Hopefully you other swimmers that have been wet for some time will get to dry off as well in August. Just please save a seat for me when the time comes. Cheers all!
TD

No, not yet...

Hey GB,

No, we don't know yet which a/c. I was called by the training dept to get my prefs, but thet said we would find out on Day 1 which a/c we were assigned to. Which leads me to this question:

For those that have gone before me, the training dept said that our choices need to be approved by the fleet managers before getting a certain a/c. Does this mean that they are the ones really assigning you to an a/c? People here have said that it is seniority-based: oldest picks first. So, does this mean that they look at the class list (in seniority order), take our prefs, get fleet approval, then assign? In essence, is there a chance that the most senior guy NOT get his first pick, based on actual experience?

It really doesn't matter to me; I'm happy nonetheless. And, I have a feeling that I will be pretty junior in class. I was just curious. Lookin' forward to Day 1....

1800 RVR

1800 RVR said:
So, does this mean that they look at the class list (in seniority order), take our prefs, get fleet approval, then assign? In essence, is there a chance that the most senior guy NOT get his first pick, based on actual experience?
As far as us mere mortals know, that’s correct.

CE

I can only speak for 1 class. They called the 4 oldest, err, most senior people and offered them co-pilot slots. They did not ask if they prefered the DC-8 or 727. The rest of the class, engineers on the 8, 27, & 47, were not asked for their preference.

rob

That's interesting...

That's interesting info, robert_fla. I was under the assumption that everyone would be called, but I guess if they know that all the senior guys took the FO slots, then there is no need to call everyone.

So....

Is there anyone in the 25 July class that hasn't gotten a call yet from the training dept? Inquiring minds want to know... :D

Latest resources

Back