UPS Application Uncertainty

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sluggo

It looks like there is a lot of unanswered questions, leaving pilots in the dark about a super important opportunity. Who knows if their application is in or not?? That's pretty important!! Maybe your info is in the system, or maybe its not...

We've worked years to get an opportunity like this. Its an opportunity that will change the lives of our family and lifestyle.... And were not sure if our application is in or not??

Can someone please shed some light on what is going on here?

I'm with you. Their whole application process is a disgrace. I've been trying to apply since the window opened and finally got in today. Had to create a new e-mail address just to get past the initial questionarre page.

Do you know what your supposed to see on the "Applications Page" if your application is in the system?

Mine shows:
Both SECOND OFFICER & FIRST OFFICER position boxes
No Needs Attention: !
Complete: both Yes

I can still go in and change things if I click on the blue underlined: Select. I haven't received any emails or notes like some of the other applicants on this board did.

Are you guys seeing the same thing?? Thanks, Sluggo

It looks like there is a lot of unanswered questions, leaving pilots in the dark about a super important opportunity. Who knows if their application is in or not?? That's pretty important!! Maybe your info is in the system, or maybe its not...

We've worked years to get an opportunity like this. Its an opportunity that will change the lives of our family and lifestyle.... And were not sure if our application is in or not??

Can someone please shed some light on what is going on here?

Sluggo... it's called marginally competent and uninspired mid-level management marking time till promotion...

This is a 100 year old proud trucking company where it's common for part-time loaders/drivers to wait for 3-10 years for a full-time position to open (varies geographically). A little frustration on the part of a pilot applicant trying to navigate a confusing application doesn't even register on their radar. UPS is well aware of the limited employment opportunities for pilots these days.

BBB

Sluggo,

Mine is the same except for status. It says "On File" instead of active.

P3

Thanks for the replies guys. So, were narrowing this down now! LOL

Do you know ( or does anyone know) the difference between "On File" and "Active"?

I'm still unsure where I stand...

sluggo,
My suggestion would be this. If you have someone that recommended you, have them go into HR and ask for them to look you up to see if you are in the system.

I'm with you. Their whole application process is a disgrace. I've been trying to apply since the window opened and finally got in today. Had to create a new e-mail address just to get past the initial questionarre page.

The window has only been opened for 48 hours or so but I do agree that it's very confusing. I understand the computer selection is actually outsourced to a different company so it's not really UPS that runs it. (Don’t know if it’s true, a captain I flew with told me that). Nevertheless, the application process is very confusing but at least the transoceanic requirement is gone! :beer:

I agree with Mega - call your sponsor and get him or her to call or better yet show up in the HR office and check up on your status. If you really want to know what's going on, Flightinfo is probably not the place to be consulting - you know what I mean?

Either way - good luck to you all and sorry about the problems y’all are encountering.
Please hang in there and know that once you're here you'll feel the trouble you're going through right now was worth it!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back