UPS!?! Any ideas on new hires??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tim1wolf

Still in the UPS pool and no word from Brown. A little leak from HR would be nice--maybe more than 1 time a year. If any of you has heard anything substantial, please respond. Thanks!

Bumped into a couple of brown shirts in KIX last night and they were telling me the latest rumor is "talk about furloughing 300 pilots". This is no bull$hit, sorry.

Being a JR F/O at UPS I hardly think that UPS will furlough 300 pilots. The fact is the IPA and UPS are in negotiations. With that being said, I think the co. will try to paint a dismal picture for the future. Nothing could be farther from the truth, Growth in the international market has been in double figures for 2+ yrs. domestic volume is flat however most of it is trucked ---- plus about 80-100 retire each year. I will say that the 300 rumor has been dismissed by the co. and the union. Nevertheless, I don't see them hiring until the contact is ratified maybe mid 2004. They could probably get away with a small amount of furloughs 30 -50 just to try too break us..

All it will do is strengthen our resolve.

I see alot of overtime AVAILABLE in each fleet !!!

Good luck

I agree with the above message. I have a good friend flying with with UPS and he has heard of absolutely no hiring until the contract is done. Not good for the rest of us, but that is the word. Good luck

Your guess is as good as mine

I also have heard the rumor about 300 furloughs. I don't believe it but since they just issued a vacancy bid for 30 FE positions, 30-50 furloughs are possible. However not likely.

The problem is simple. We have about 100 retreads riding the FE seat, that number grows every week. These guys are here at least until the contract is settled. At which point most will probably go away. We are in negotiations and they are trying to divide us.

We are no longer supposed to pick up open time so we will see.

However to answer your questions. I don't believe there will be any hiring in 2003.

Good luck to all of you.
N

Latest resources

Back