Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SWA/FO

5 Star Senior Member
Hey, lets talk about something important!

I noticed a new UPS paint job in OAK. How long has that been around?

Just when I spotted the UPS jet....a newly painted Alaska jet taxied by "Alaskaair.com" on the side. How long has that been around?

Both looked good, by the way.

That ain't nothin...

I saw a beautiful new paint job on the Air France Concorde the other day... the whole underside was bright yellow!

Middle of Feb, UPS announces that it has to furlough about 100 crew members because of the 727 and 747 getting parked and only buying A300 and MD-11's. "Overage of crews" even though most of us are getting JA calls almost every day that were off. All the company would save is about 6 million a year if they furloughed bottom 100 FE's.

UPS says it is in dire need of more profits and will not furlough if 100 or so crew members (Sr. FE's all of which are retired capt's riding side saddle making the big bucks) retire.

UPS gets some crew members to take an early out deal therefore averting the furlough (for now) and poof, all of a sudden life is great at UPS again... (except for the displacements)

Now for the new paint,

With all the Dire Straights of money problems behind us,(3.2 billion in profit last year and 611 million profits fst Qtr 03) all of a sudden saving that 6 million a year is really not that important. In fact we have so much money in these trying financial times, Let go out and spend 100 million on new paint for our new planes, trucks and of course a new logo. Oh-yeah, did I mention that it takes over 19 thousands dots of paint on the tail to give the UPS emblem that deeper darker look. We even decided to stake claim to all the Mail Boxes, Etc., stores and finally put our name on it. Yes UPS has owned MBE for a few years now. (the latter decision about MBE I actually agree with)

I dont mean to sound too cynical about the new paint job, really I think its great if the company wants to do it and we have the extra money, My complaint is that only a month and half ago, it was time to tighten our belts and furlough 100 of my fellow brethren. Now its time to spend money on a new paint job... Kinda a contradiction...

Its crazy, but Im still glad to be here. In the future, look for all the A/C to be painted and new uniforms emblem's, truck paint, MBE will now be the UPS Store. We even have a new logo, something like “Synchronizing the World of Commerce”. From now on, when you hear the word "Synchronizing" on TV, its a new UPS Commercial, No more "what can brown do for you" Hope this helps...

I swa the link for the press release but no picture. Does anyone have a new pisture of the paint scheme?

Which one? There's a link to both of the new paint schemes for UPS and Alaska in the 3rd post by dhampton.

Good one!

PT, good one.....unfortunately, I missed Leno the other night, but that one made up for it. Keep 'em coming.;)

I didn't like that "what can brown do for you?" slogan....

I send all my stuff with UPS.... (ever since FedEx rejected me). Go UPS!!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back