• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS 1Qtr Profits--$975 million

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, if he is selling stuff on ebay as a business, is it still kosher to use an employee discount to ship it? seems ethically marginal to me. Plus, ebay buyers pay the shipping so the cost shouldn't be borne by the sellers I would think.

Less than a billion in profit- better furlough. If they could just get some consessions they would have broken a billion for sure.

F- management! I think the contract demands should go up the longer they refuse to pay. Then as soon as a strike is legal- put the hurt on until you get more. I hope you guys can raise the bar- definitely not enough of that in the pilot world in the last 5 years or so.

SB Diver said:
I had a UPS pilot jumpseat from LAS to ONT a month ago and I asked him if it was true his company had made $1 billion the previous quarter. He said that was what the company couldn't hide and that they were asking their pilots for a paycut (or possibly do that)! Is that true? I sure hope not!

I have heard a lot of things about negotiations, but pay cuts are not one of them. Heck, they may even raise first year pay to 33,000 K. Time to buy a house.

;) I just said that to be nice. I wanted to get Capt. Mega to like me. I send all my stuff on Fed Ex... there is a kinkos 3 miles from the SWA/FO Palace.

:pimp:

SWA/FO said:
;) I just said that to be nice. I wanted to get Capt. Mega to like me. I send all my stuff on Fed Ex... there is a kinkos 3 miles from the SWA/FO Palace.

:pimp:

i knew i liked you....thanks for the support and contribution to my 22 grand this month...

But I never ship to EWR..

as long as it is Fedex i don't care!....i will make sure the next time i go on a trip...i will fly SWA!!!!

Zephyrhills said:
Why? FedEX will give ya' ID75's on all your shipping...and you can now do it from Kinko's and still get the discount.

Amen,

Just went to the UPS store to ship an item from DAB up to MSP. I said Monday afternoon would be fine. (treo 650 phone). She said it would be $41.00. I asked if they had an airline employee discount. She laughed.....laughed till I said I am going to Fed Ex. She said she could give me %10 off. That is when I laughed.

Fed Ex. They were all smiles, shipped it for $7.00 and treated me great!!!
I have jumpseated a coupled times on FedEx, it was very nice, however all ground people I deal with often are excellent.

You guys run a nice show over there.

AAflyer ( Now I have beer money for the week)

I just went out for a walk and went past a FedEx Kinkos store and right outside of it was a UPS drop box. Wish I had my camera! It just struck me as kind of out of place. Is this common place? Does FedEx put drop boxes outside of Mailboxes Etc.?

AAflyer said:
Amen,

Just went to the UPS store to ship an item from DAB up to MSP. I said Monday afternoon would be fine. (treo 650 phone). She said it would be $41.00. I asked if they had an airline employee discount. She laughed.....laughed till I said I am going to Fed Ex. She said she could give me %10 off. That is when I laughed.

Fed Ex. They were all smiles, shipped it for $7.00 and treated me great!!!
I have jumpseated a coupled times on FedEx, it was very nice, however all ground people I deal with often are excellent.

You guys run a nice show over there.

AAflyer ( Now I have beer money for the week)

glad to hear it....you guys get the same discount as us...cool..

Latest resources

Back