Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Abus300Pilot

Hey Guys/Gals,

Quick question...I'm sure it's on here somewhere but I'll start a new thread anyway. How hard is the 1000 Hours PIC turbine requirement at UPS? If you have the LOR's from inside people but come up a little short on the PIC time do you still have a shot at an interview? When I say short I mean about 500 hours.

Thanks for the help...I'm just wondering if I should bother calling in my contacts or wait for another year to build the time. By the way I'm not sure this place will last another year.

Abus300Pilot

Two things:

1. If it weren't good enough it wouldn't be the minimum.

2. If you could get in with less, it wouldn't be the minimum.

You need to build the time.

Good luck.

FJ

Falconjet said:
Two things:

1. If it weren't good enough it wouldn't be the minimum.

2. If you could get in with less, it wouldn't be the minimum.

You need to build the time.

Good luck.

FJ

Many airlines deviate from their stated hiring minimums. That's all abus300pillot wanted to know was whether or not these minimums are set in stone.

Well, I'm not making any friends on FI today, it must not be my day. By the way I am against any change in the age 60 rule if anybody else wants to pile on.

I guess what I should have said is no, I don't think there is any way around hiring mins, that is why they are the mins. That has been my experience (limited as it is).

Obviously you feel that they can be worked around, so now Buspilot has two opinions on his/her question.

Maybe somebody who works for UPS will chime in since that was the company they were interested in.

FJ

Have a good friend who is very high in the company who is also really good friends with the HR dept, pilot hiring people and so on, and he tried to get me a shot with less than 1000 PIC...their answer was get back to us as soon as you have the 1000PIC then we'll talk.

I believe that should answer the question...

I'm 99.9% sure that 1000 PIC turbine is a hard min. to get in the door. HOWEVER, if you are lucky, theorhetically (sp) you don't need too much over that to get an interview. If you are very lucky, in the right place at the right time, all the planets are aligned, and have a good letter, you can get an interview with just over 1000 PIC turbine. I speak from personal experience. ;) Just remember, though, that we have pretty much stopped interviews for line pilots and the only interviews that I have heard about are for management pilots. I think things will pick up again after the holidays. Also, I'm sure that competition will be pretty stiff when interviews start up again.

But, you can't get that interview if you don't try, right? Good luck!

It is a minimum requirement only recently. It was not required in the past, however as a sign of the times, it now is. If you don't meet the minimums, either get it in time or look somewhere else. I asked the same question at a job fair and that is what I was told. Supply and demand, simply put.

1000 pic min....yes

(on a side note: capt. megadeth: do you think dave is still mad at the boys?)

johnny

Latest resources

Back