Upgrade

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

psysicx

How do upgrades work from plane to plane.Do you wait until your in the left seat before bidding on another aircraft.And is there a seat lock?

Which fractional are you wondering about?

The more experienced NetJets guys can chime in and correct me if I'm wrong, but at NJA, you start out as a newbie equipment-locked for 2 years. During that time, you can only upgrade on the equipment you are locked in. Apparently, the company can release a seat lock if it needs to fill slots on another fleet but I hear that's a relatively rare occurence. If you've Upgraded on a new equipment type, I believe you are again equipment-locked for another 2 years.

i would change that to 5 years for the 800xp/c

gunfyter said:
Two year seatlock not a factor. Nobody will upgrade in less than 3 yrs or more. 3 yrs for a 400XP or CE-560. 4 yrs for a 800XP, 5 yrs for the X and 6 yrs+ for a Falcon or G-200
WOW ! That sure is optimistic for the Falcon and G200. I would estimate, looking at current and future forecast conditions, 12+ years for the Falcon and 10+ years for the G200...these are very senior aircraft and the attrition rate just doesn't support anything less. I just went into year 4 and I BARELY would of been able to hold the last ULTRA Captain upgrade if I had bid it. Just FYI.

So after you upgrade on your starting aircraft then you can upgrade to bigger aircraft if you have the time?And do any aircraft fly over the pond except the BBJ and Gulfstreams.

Last edited:
You can bid/upgrade on ANY aircraft as many times as you wish. If you are NOT on seatlock, then your bid is completely dependant on your seniority number vs other bidders.

If you ARE seat locked, then your bid is a combination of your seniority number vs other bidders AND the needs of the company to either allow you to move to another aircraft or not.

Latest resources

Back