Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Being PIC is no big deal after you have done it a while. Getting called in to the office to justify a decision that you made is a big deal. Every decision that you make has to be made like it was in the court of law and you plan to defend it. The worse part is dealing with all the FA's and all the "no tolerance" bs, work rules and ground handling, gate agents and all the other painful stuff. Once your off the gate and in the air the job is great...

SKYBUDA

Low time to me is below 3000 hrs above that it is average up to 8000hrs and above 8000 is high time thats my perception. The crew should not have missed the damage to the aircraft but they did and many times people have a tendancy to slack on their walk arounds. Im not perfect but I routinely see mesa screw things up by being stupid and mesa has a lot of low time cocky guys like yourself who feel they are the next best thing to sliced bread. My info came from an accident brief and thats what I put out if the info was incorrect then you could correct it with out living up to the MESA reputation. I know this post will offend a lot of people and sorry for that but trust me I am holding back on mesa and so do many. The only thing that comes out of mesa's ass is the S--T that falls on the rest of the industry. Good luck on all your future scab work.

Hey, what's more important, getting to the bar at the hotel or a good postflight>>>>..... let's be realistic.

I wonder where he is from (what airline)? One thing I have learned is that no matter where you are, you are probably flying with pilots that come from everywhere else. I have stuck my foot in my mouth more than once bantering in the cockpit, not knowing exactly who I was talking to. That stuff can come back to haunt you. Anyways, I imagine there will be another volley soon, so I am gonna duck back in the foxhole here....

Trying to figure out who is what is half the fun of this board. It is a small world and if we all really talked we are probubly personal friends of someone we both know. I have noticed that only about 10% of people on this board talk, the rest just read. That is very typical pilot, go to the local union meeting.What you see are just a few expressing their views the rest just listen. When you get in the cocpit with the quiet ones suddenly you find a depth of wisdom.I guess the old proverb stands if you are quiet they think you know more than you do. Back into my foxhole.........

This is not a war and I am not here to hurt anyones feelings but unfortunately when you speak your mind people get hurt. If that is the case, my apologies. I know most if not all pilots love to fly and sometimes their passion for flying blinds them from doing the right thing. TurboS7 is correct and we are all probably friends and don't know it, however if we were to say who we were some would bad mouth the other and this industry is to small for that and that would be unprofessional of anyone to do unless they really took the time to get to know that person and more than likely they would be friends. So keep venting your frustrations on this board and fly happy.

I don't see how revealing the company you work for divulges your identity, unless you are the only pilot at said company. It helps to lend (or maybe take away) credibility from which you speak. I say this as a non-biased party as I have never worked for Mesa, nor do I know many former or current Mesa pilots. But since you went on the attack on Mesa, I think it is fair enough that the Mesa pilots who might visit this forum know a little bit about their accuser, so that they may appropriately debate your point.

I've been on this board long enough to know that there are some absolutely opposed to flame posts. I personally am not so opposed when, and I think some others will agree, you don't have a check valve for one-way flaming. In other words, you don't intentionally go out of your way to not divulge details about your own company, experience, operation, background, which might be points your opponent could draw from for their defense or subsequent flame-back.

Im not perfect but I routinely see mesa screw things up by being stupid and mesa has a lot of low time cocky guys like yourself who feel they are the next best thing to sliced bread.

This quote is some pretty pure flame, unless you give details about where, when, how, etc.

Good luck on all your future scab work.

As was this one. C'mon man. Did he say anything in his post to suggest that he is out to steal your job, or cross your picket line.

And at the end of this post, I hope that we can see eye to eye and debate in an intellectual and professional manner. Fly Safe

"mesa has a lot of low time cocky guys like YOURSELF who feel they are the next best thing to sliced bread. "

1. Where is this comming from, I am guessing that you have many FO's at your company that have what you call low time. Another bad guess on your part thinking that I am sitting in the left seat. But then again we can see a trend starting here, second time that you have guessed and it is the second time that you are wrong.

2. You missed the whole point of the post. The NTSB has released the hours (since as you have put it makes a pilot) of the crew in the accident but didnt release the times of the second crew. Just pointing out that you were stating bad information on the second crew.

3. And since you are so experanced I would have thought that you would have known what a SCAB is by now. When did you go in strike, and if you did when did I fly one of your routes when you were on strike.

4. And if you want I will update my info, I will, but didnt really know that it was that important. But before I do, do you want my 9 years of time spent in the sim, tranning all those average and high time pilots. And on the same note do you want all the MTX cert #'s too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back