Upgrade times at NJ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

KingDriver

With this new TA at Netjets, Does anyone have any idea what will be the possible upgrade times?

KingDriver said:
With this new TA at Netjets, Does anyone have any idea what will be the possible upgrade times?

My guess would be longer than anticipated due to slower growth as a result of a much less competitive owner pricing structure as a result of higher labor costs.

Loooooooonnnnnggggg!

Figure we have at least 500 FO's here now. Based on this TA, every single one will probably grab the first upgrade they can for the higher pay.

Gonna take some time!

depends on how many suckers they can find that want to live in CMH,TEB,DAL,PBI,LAX for 39000.

Last edited:
RJET said:
ANy idea on how many pilots NJ plans to hire on the coming years?

I think the company's line is 400-500 per year for the next few years. They had a similar target for 2005, but so far, the net gain is around 120.

As far as planes on order, not exactly certain. NetJets has sizable orders for the G150 (maybe 50 firm/50 options) and Hawker Horizon (50/25). Not certain either about the other, existing fleets.

The latest AIN has announced orders for NetJets on the G150 and Horizon, but I'm too lazy to check.:D

What is the retirement rate at NJA? Anyone venture a guess at how many are usually seen a year? I imagine that the airline retired who start their second career at Netjets don't end up staying much more then 5 years or so but this is just speculation. Am I way off? Are there any other factors in Netjets pilots retiring other than they've just had enough or can't keep their medical? It's an interesting one to contemplate because I'm sure retirements vary so much from person to person and aren't the standard "60 and you're done."

RJET said:
ANy idea on how many pilots NJ plans to hire on the coming years?

Last week in recurrent, the company put out 120 pilots per quarter.

Latest resources

Back