Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jborsdrf

Hey,

I was wondering if any Colgan guys could confirm that upgrade to captain happens at 2500 and 700 in type. Also is it true that perdiem is basically non existant.

I was wondering if any Colgan guys could confirm that upgrade to captain happens at 2500 and 700 in type. Also is it true that perdiem is basically non existant.

No.. Not true

Many factors go into who upgrades here. 2500 total, 700 in type, and 1 year with the company is the standard line. The company wants to see good work performance and a good PC check prior to upgrade.

People will get upgraded out of seniority here, and you may get an upgrade after 6 months.. All depends on your situation. Don't expect to come here with 2000 hours and get an upgrade is 6 months though. We've hired MANY pilots in the last 6 months, and most of them are not low timers. We also have many pilots with good seniority that have 2000+ hours and over 1000 in type.

We are expanding and upgrading into the Beech at a good pace. Upgrade in the Saab is pretty stagnant, with 2 or 3 upgrades in the last couple months.

Per Diem is paid on overnight trips, or when TDY only. Generally overnight trips are when in training or when you can't get back to base at night.

chperplt,

I've tried to call Kim Jennings several times now and just get voice mail. Any idea if she has had too many phone calls and is screening her calls or running around doing stuff?

Thanks

Geigo

My guess is that she is just very busy. Keep trying her. You can also call 703-257-5999 and then hit 0 for the receptionist.

Good luck!!

Last edited:
Hey guys, I am in the same boat as trying to Cantact Kim Jennings, I have been trying her for the past couple days, her VM says that she will be out till Monday. Sounds like she is really busy and taking some deserved personal time according to the guys I know at Colgan. CYA!!!!

She does the work that 2 or 3 people should be doing.. Keep trying.. you'll get her eventually.

So what does a F/O and a Captain make in a year? (average)

Beech FOs start at $20, Saab at $21. Beech Cpts start at $31.50 and Saab at $33 (I think). 75 hour min per month.

Latest resources

Back