Update on Pinnacle Upgrade time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

i fly boxes

Just to let all of you know, they just awarded an upgrade to seniority # 859. I am in the low to mid 900's and I have been here 1 1/2 years. If they don't lower total time required to upgrade and you have the time, upgrade could soon drop below 1 year for a while, especially when they have been hiring all these low time people who will be fo's for at least 2 years.

HTML:
 Just to let all of you know, they just awarded an upgrade to seniority # 859.[/html[/SIZE]][/SIZE]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]If this is true I stand corrected about PCL having plenty of FO’s with the time to upgrade.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Not sure if the site just hasn’t updated yet but I didn’t find any award posted that went so junior.[/SIZE] [/FONT]

It's an accurate number. With the further upgrades expected this year, I wouldn't be surprised to see us dip well into the 900s by the spring.

It's an accurate number. With the further upgrades expected this year, I wouldn't be surprised to see us dip well into the 900s by the spring.

WOW so J.M. wont be last, I though he was gonna be there forever.

My training date was DEC 04 and Hire date was FEB 05 I would have been the 3 most junior FO to hold it, but im short by >150. So hopefully by end of FEB i can bid.. :)

As much as everyone seems to be against lowering the upgrade mins, it will become a necessity. The combination of more planes, even higher attrition when the majors start hiring, many large classes of new hires with a max of 500 total, and already abysmal captain staffing will cause this.

Lowering the minimums is NOT mandatory....not by a long shot. Pinnacle has hired off the street captains before and can do it again. Just hope they screen those fellas a little better. That first group had some pretty arrogant jacka..es.

The 7 year Mesaba FO's must be loving this :) Oh well...

Just curious, what's the most junior MSP captain date of hire? I have numerous CFI friends that went their. Just interested in where they sit.

We do.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back