update/cover letter samples

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wannab0133

anyone know where sample cover(esepecially update) letters can be found? Air inc has about 4 but those are probably the worst to go by seeing everyone else is doing the same thing. if anyone knows of any good ones, please post 'em. course, nobody wants to give away that secret that stands out, but general ideas are harmless. thanks

Update letter

Try this on for size:

March 20, 2003

Joe Savant, Pilot Recruiter
CheapAir Commuter Airlines
123 Fourth Street
Hometown, HomeState Zip

Dear Mr. Savant:

I should like to update my file with the enclosed resume. I have added time and have earned my Airline Transport Pilot Certificate.

I have flown an additional 200 hours for a total of 1650 hours and 520 multiengine. I expect to continue adding time on my current flying schedule. On March 1, 2003 I passed the practical test for the ATP certificate.

Review of industry information shows that CheapAir is planning to expand service and acquire more equipment. I am doing everything possible to be a strong candidate for Flight Officer employment with CheapAir. I hope that you will keep me in mind as you recruit new flight crew members.

Thank you again for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

Respectfully,

Wannab0133

Hope that helps. Good luck with your job search.

That was a really good example. I think a well written letter says a lot for a candidate. CheapAir would be very impressed.....I know because I used to work for them!!

Cover Letters

wannab0133,

I used one of the example AIR, Inc. cover letters and had good results with it. I think there are two viewpoints with this. Yes, it's the same format but pilot recruiters are familiar with it and can quickly screen for the information they want; it makes their job easier. The other viewpoint is that the pilot recruiters may think it lacks originality and they all look similar. So how do you know what to use? If you have contacts in the company, ask them to gather some intell for you. See what your contacts used and/or what the pilot recruiters prefer. If this isn't possible, then it's up to you. Six of one or half-dozen of the other. The most important thing is the contents of the cover letter. Make it clear and concise - - no fluff, just facts. Check the grammar and spelling! Have someone other than a pilot read it for you, too. There was another link concerning cover letters recently at : http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15671. bobbysamd's letter is an excellent example and I wish I could write as well. PM me if I can help. Take care and best wishes on your job search.

Latest resources

Back