• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Upcoming SWA classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just finished recurrent training and the word in the training center is no classes until the 2nd quarter of 2008. There are 1700 (200 with the type rating) applications on file (had over 6000 at this time last year).

Have you not learned anyting in this industry. Never listen to a pilot about industry news. We only know what we read here.

There are 1700 (200 with the type rating) applications on file (had over 6000 at this time last year).

Where are those 4300 other applications and why is the typed percentage so low?

Where are all the applicants with 1000 hours turbine PIC?

The regionals must have over 6000 RJ captains, plus corporate must have another 2000+, Uncle Sam must have another few thousand, what is going on with the applications?

If 2 classes per month starting in Jan 08 pans out, roughly how long until interviews begin again? Any speculation?

The rumor on the street from most of my sources including the PD at SWA is April '08 for new interviews...what really happens--no one knows.

The regionals must have over 6000 RJ captains, plus corporate must have another 2000+, Uncle Sam must have another few thousand, what is going on with the applications?

Has it ocurred to you that perhaps some folks do not care to fly the rest of their careers on one domestic airplane? SWA is not the only good gig in town.

Hate to get this back on track...but my buddy had to go into the Chief Pilot's office for a probation feedback thing in Dallas and asked about upcoming classes.

Unfortunately, the news isn't good. Probably no new hire classes until June-ish. That sucks. Hope it's just a pessimistic opinion.

I guess I'll have to go to Delta until the SWA machine starts up again.

Tanker Clown, I'm not sure what's worse about you: the fact that you joined NAMBLA, or the fact that you've gone a couple of years without paying dues while exercising all the privileges of your NAMBLA membership.

Latest resources

Back