Unusual airline call signs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
REACH is AMC

Reach is for the Air Mobility Command, if I'm not mistaken. Pretty much any military charter that moves troops around uses a "Reach" callsign.

Reach is for AMC flights, but the Reach callsign is not just designated to Troop movements, it is also used for freight flights. We (Atlas) usually operate into an air base under our "Giant" callsign, and then depart with military supplies onboard with a "Reach" callsign.

My pick for callsigns are:

Giant, Speedbird, Cactus, Critter, and Cathay

Reach is for AMC flights, but the Reach callsign is not just designated to Troop movements, it is also used for freight flights. We (Atlas) usually operate into an air base under our "Giant" callsign, and then depart with military supplies onboard with a "Reach" callsign.

My pick for callsigns are:

Giant, Speedbird, Cactus, Critter, and Cathay

No mistaking what you got strapped to your ass when you are saying "Giant ### Heavy" on the radio!

"Nightship" was also a MidAtlantic caravan flying out of GNV back in the day I believe.

'Fakker' and 'Dart' are used by civil airplanes chartered by the Air Force to act as targets.

i once heard some military jet jockeys going into LGA using "jugganaut". that's what willis was talking bout!

i like giant, speedbird, clipper.

if i owned a doestic freight company i'd use frightdog as a call sign. the rest of the world wouldn't get it.

Heavy Jet!

No mistaking what you got strapped to your ass when you are saying "Giant ### Heavy" on the radio!

So true. Hell, we carry more in fuel alone in weight, than many of the smaller jets weigh with full payload onboard!

Clipper was always one of my favorite callsigns also, I miss seeing Pan Am :bawling:

Air Cargo Carriers uses "Nightcargo". Also appropriate.

Wanted to get a callsign for my old job. Picked "Sewage". Didn't work out so well.

Best callsigns? Gotta go with the classics.....

Pan Am's "Clipper" and "Tigers" from the old Flying Tigers Line.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Latest resources

Back