• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Unusual airline call signs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not really fond of the "brickyard" callsign but its not my call.

I like "cactus" but think U should keep the "us airways" callsign - I just think that as a major its more professional to use your company name as the callsign, again just my 2cents.

If it looks like a turd and smells like a turd.................(it could be be 737pylt)

OUCH!!!! DP that was mean, I still laughed
:laugh:

WD

I like "cactus" but think U should keep the "us airways" callsign - I just think that as a major its more professional to use your company name as the callsign, again just my 2cents.

Cactus (also a major) bought USless Air, so they should keep the "US Air" call sign??? Company is now based in PHX, so Cactus is not inappropriate.

We had a callsign when I hauled cargo under 135.
For 135 operators without a call-sign, regardless of the whether it's cargo or pax, tango november registration is to be used as the radio call (AIM).

For 135 operators without a call-sign, regardless of the whether it's cargo or pax, tango november registration is to be used as the radio call (AIM).

Yes, it was the same callsign for passenger charter, too. The point was that many 135 operators also have callsigns. It's immaterial, really, but not all 135 carriers operate under the "tango november" heading, which is what I was getting at.

Airtran was a florida based outfit. When they merged with Valuejet(in a sense) they stuck with Airtran. Remember the (valujet)flight that dumped in to the everglades? It was not long after that. Valujet was "critter", if memory serves, after their little mascot.

Oh, yeah, and since Airtran was based in Orlando and there's lots of citrus going on around that part of the world...........well.....I'm sure you get it.

Last edited:
Yes, it was the same callsign for passenger charter, too. The point was that many 135 operators also have callsigns. It's immaterial, really, but not all 135 carriers operate under the "tango november" heading, which is what I was getting at.

It seems like the majority of 135 operators these days use a callsign. Of those who don't use a call sign, not everyone uses "Tango November"...it's an invitation to be ramp checked!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back