• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Until Then...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"War is a failure of humanity" -Pope John Paul II.

"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose" - Kris Kristopherson

I don't believe this war has anything to do with protecting my freedom, just my way of life as a SUV driver.

But hey, I'm just 1 out of 6 billion!

And if we don't control the oil supply, how are we gonna be able to fly jets all over the planet!

Excellent point, Semore!

Politics kept us behind by 10 years when we stopped short of Baghdad in the Gulf war.
My husband flew the F16 out of Incirlik (Turkey) into northern Iraq and down into Baghdad--nightly. I had fully expected the risk to be worth it and wanted the problem (Hussein) taken care of then. AF families were frustrated when years later the pilots were gone months at a time taking their turn doing the No-Fly Zone patrolling. He spent more time doing that than he was gone for Desert Storm. It just hammers home one of life's lessons--Do It Right the First Time.

To tie that thought into the frac situation----had the NJ pilots held their ground on their last contract, it wouldn't have taken them 4 long years to correct their mistake of "caving in" and accepting less than they were worth. The other frac pilots would be wise to heed the mistakes of those who have gone before you.

d91papa said:
"War is a failure of humanity" -Pope John Paul II.

"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose" - Kris Kristopherson

You forgot "Only the dead have seen the end of war" -Plato

If we werent there, we would be somewhere else. I for one am tired of the USA being the worlds policeman but the majority of the rest of the world is mad.

Unfortunately I think Plato got it right centuries ago...:(

Latest resources

Back