• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

UNS-1C/Collins VHF-22 comms

JJET44

Total Time
>5000
We're replacing our GNS FMS's with UNS's and we're being told by the installer that our Collins VHF-22s can't be tuned through the UNS-1C FMS.

Can anyone out there with the same config tell me if this is really the case because I think they're feeding us a line of BS?

Hawker800

Total Time
May have to do with how the aircraft itself is wired. Collins rep or Universal rep may be able to help you. We can't tune our 22's through the GNS FMS.

JJET44

Total Time
>5000
Our GNS's were able to tune the com's.
We're also in the process of a Collins IDS 3000 upgrade so if it's just a matter of wiring, then the wiring can be changed if need be. This is not what they're telling us, they're telling us that the two are not compatible.

ultrarunner

Total Time
JJet, if that's what the mod-center is telling you, then like others said, get your Universal rep on the horn.

It's been a long time since I have flown with the -C's so it is "possible" the tuning function is not available on those boxes without upgrading them. But a call to Universal will give you the answer for certain. As well as what your options are.

JJET44

Total Time
>5000
JJet, if that's what the mod-center is telling you, then like others said, get your Universal rep on the horn.

It's been a long time since I have flown with the -C's so it is "possible" the tuning function is not available on those boxes without upgrading them. But a call to Universal will give you the answer for certain. As well as what your options are.

Yeah, that's my next step I just didn't want to go into this without others' input.

Thanks guys!!!