• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

University Degree?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do not listen to Pilotyip. He sounds like the typical burnouts I saw at Willowrun- no future and their employer knows it! Most of those operators in Yipsilanti encourage dropping out of college and getting at least one DUI. That way you can never leave! GET YOUR EDUCATION!!!!!!!

wil said:
Do not listen to Pilotyip. He sounds like the typical burnouts I saw at Willowrun- no future and their employer knows it! Most of those operators in Yipsilanti encourage dropping out of college and getting at least one DUI. That way you can never leave! GET YOUR EDUCATION!!!!!!!

While Pilotyip's post in this case is not consistent with my experience, I would take another look at his profile before you trash the dude. Also, I still haven't come across any employers who encourage dropping out and getting DUI's. I'm sure there are a few drop-outs and DUI holders on this board who might appreciate being pointed in the direction of such an employer. Perhaps you can share this info.

United Interview

On the subject of college transcripts, an interview question from United in 1996, "Why did you get a C in Diffy Q in 1963?", How about because it was a hard course, or we now have rampant grade inflation, did United care if I could do Differential Equations in my head?, would United rather have a pilot with a 2.7 in Math and Physics or a 3.7 in advanced airplane recognition. I did not get hired, inhind sight thank goodness, I am much happier where I am.

For "Wil" there are a lot of guys at YIP that are great pilots and great guys who like to fly airplanes, they consider making over 100K per year with 12 days off per month a pretty good job.

I apologize to Pilotyip. I did not mean to trash you. As a former freight dog I am thankful for the experience taught by night drivers such as yourself. I think school is important. Wil

wil said:
I apologize to Pilotyip. I did not mean to trash you. As a former freight dog I am thankful for the experience taught by night drivers such as yourself. I think school is important. Wil
I second those thoughts. You should go to college because you want to for the education and personal development it affords and not necessarily because some airline application form seems to emphasize education. Just bear in mind the profiles of recent hires you read in pilot career magazines.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back