• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Univ. of OK CFI Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's really tough to get hired from the outside I guess. They hire from within mostly because they know the person, etc.

I was a Captain in the AF, a Navigator. I have an engineering degree. I have the hours you see, and 1500 as a Nav. I was told my interview was not as good as some others and that was about it. They had to 'split hairs' on those they hired was what I was told. Not sure what exactly knocked me out. There were NO technical questions, they didn't want to see my logbook when I offered or show much interest in my letter of rec from an OUHSC director.

It was frankly a letdown and a bit of a puzzler. It makes me curious who they hired.

Q's were: Use one word to describe yourself. What would a student say if they came to complain about something about you? What would you do if a student did not show up for flights? What would you tell someone if they had something come up on the weekend and they asked you to fly with their students for them? What's the most irresponsible decision you've made? Nothing too tough but I guess I botched something.

I should get the official word next week.

On to the next one...

As a former OU alum and CFI there your post caught my attention.
Who did the interview....Big Dave the Chief pilot? or Glenn the director or both?

Surprised you didnt get a rapport going with Dave as he was prior AF...

Dave and Renee did the interview. He said it was close, and I think we did have a certain rapport, but who knows who actually got the job.

No worries, I got a trip to Tampa and maybe Ft. Myers next week, a 3 time a week student, and a sometimes other student plus a few other things cooking.

Latest resources

Back