• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United's new paint job

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Since United is so strapped for money these days, perhaps they should just leave the aircraft bare metal, and write United in magic marker on the side. I'm sure their bankruptcy judge would sign off on that re-branding plan.

Hey Bankaccount, is that picture in your avatar for real? Where'd you find that? :eek:

Isn't paint required at one of the checks to prevent corrosion. Hopefully they picked that paint scheme to utilize alot of white to keep those costs down.

canadflyau said:
Isn't paint required at one of the checks to prevent corrosion. Hopefully they picked that paint scheme to utilize alot of white to keep those costs down.

Try telling that to American.:eek:

Is this how United launched "Ted". Just paint over the 'Uni' part of the name, and it's all set to go as their new LCC.

Isn't paint required at one of the checks to prevent corrosion.

Its not neccesary, a la American Airlines. But what you get when you dont have paint is very long tedious and expensive polishing/waxing. But inititaly you save money without having to paint anything. I would assume its about the same long term cost wise.

As for United's new scheme, it looks ok. I heard this one is cheaper than the older one, hence the change.

Typhoon1244 said:
Hey Bankaccount, is that picture in your avatar for real? Where'd you find that? :eek:

Typhoon, the pic is real as far as I know. I found it on a site that was goofing on virtual airlines. There is some reall good stuff on it, I don't remember the address, but Google "Blue Cab Airlines" and you shold find it there. Fly safe out there,
TJ

Yes AMR indeed.. It is more expensive to maintain their aircraft in the fashion they are currenty doing than if they painted their airplanes... however they do save the weight. In both instances it is done for corrosion.. whether polish seal or paint.

Latest resources

Back