United's Low Cost Carrier Unveiled!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DON'T THINK SO!

United has tried to out Southwest, Southwest and blew it. So here they go again. They believe that all of Southwest's success is due to the low ticket prices. If that is the case, then why is Southwest kicking their butts even in markets where United is competing on price?

Simple. Service. Southwest understands that they are in a service business and give good valve for the price. The majors have yet to figure that out.

Rick1128 said:
DON'T THINK SO!

.... So here they go again. They believe that all of Southwest's success is due to the low ticket prices....

Dude, it was a joke - read the article.

Wow, this is absolutely fantastic, that ought to show them boys at LUV…but here’s my question. I am a 45 year old accountant, recently divorced. After my wife left me and took the house and the kids, I went to stay with my secretary, at her trailer park. But a week later her biker ex-boyfriend came back, and beat me senseless. My company found out about all this, and fired me. So I took my children’s college money, and spent half of it on nursing myself back to life (lost one eye and an ear in the process) and the rest on flight training at a flight school in Florida. But recently, the flight school went out of business and now, I am just a freshly minted commercial pilot with 250 hours. I sold one of my kidneys to pay off an AME to issue me a 2nd class medical (note that I am missing an eye and an ear), but that just about bankrupted me. Do you think I have a chance of getting hired with these new guys, provided I get a type in an A320? I hear they’re a dream to fly, and built like a tank. I still have a spleen to sell, and there’s always an appendix.

Thanks guys, keep safe!

Southpaw

LOL.

And Rick is correct. People want service. No BS. Southwest provides service. The majors provide "service."

United and Service

This is too funny.

Here's a real story that happened to my Mother a few months back:

She arrived at her hometown in Wisconsin, but her bag did not. The CSA took her info and told her to check back the next day.

She called the next day, was told that they "had a slip, but no bag" and that they would check on it and get back to her.

Later that day, she received a call from the foreman of a construction crew, informing her that he had found her bag on the side of the road, intact and unopened. It had apparently fallen out of a pickuptruck as it was being delivered to her.

She picked up her bag from the roadside construction site . . . . and still has not heard anything back from United.

Pick up your own bags from a roadside construction site . . . now, THAT'S service!

Last edited:
Re: United and Service

Ty Webb said:
Later that day, she received a call from the foreman of a construction crew, informing her that he had found her bag on the side of the road, intact and unopened.

before reading the whole story I swear I thought to myself , Did it fall out of the airplane???

LOL @ this sh!t

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back